We’re looking for an Operating Room (OR) Nurse that is currently licensed and possesses phenomenal attention to detail. Our ideal Operating Room nurse will be highly knowledgeable of different specialty procedures, and patient safety and has quick decision-making skills.We are looking for a candidate to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals to provide the highest quality of patient care.
- Assess patients condition before surgery
- Ensure that the Operating Room is prepared with all necessary supplies, implants, instrumentation, and equipment
- Keep the operating room sterilized and uphold aseptic technique
- Position the patient on operating table
- Reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards
- Communicate with patients, teammates, and physicians to ensure continuity of care
- Completion of an 4-year Bachelor of Science in nursing degree.
- Must be specifically licensed to work in the District of Columbia
- Must have 2 - 4 years operating room experience
- Proficient in multiple specialties (General, Plastics, GYN, Orthopedics)
- Pays attention to detail, and is able to work as part of a team.