If you have fine dining experience and are looking to pick up a few extra shifts, this may be a great opportunity for you. The Restaurant at JUSTIN, Waitstaff (Events), is responsible for the serving of food, wine, and attending to the needs of winery guests within the following formats: Lunch, Dinner, Events and Banquets, both on-sight and off-sight. This is a part-time position that is scheduled as needed to cover events and busy weekends.
Here's what you'll do:
- Execute the fine dining experience commensurate with JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery's mission statement and core values.
- Set-up and breakdown of Dining Room for service which can include polishing, table set-up, maintenance of fresh flower centerpieces, ensuring that the floor plan is reflective of reservations.
- Participate and ensures compliance with all Opening and Closing duties as determined and published by The Restaurant at JUSTIN Manager.
- Prior to service, consult with Chefs regarding 86 Lists, Menu Changes, Modifications to Service Standards and any and all information regarding the sourcing of menu items.
- At the conclusion of service, prepares all guest checks, appropriates gratuities to bi-weekly Gratuity Report, inventories shift's wine consumption, resets dining room, and completes closing side work.
- Attend staff Hospitality meetings
- Responsible for communicating dining room supply needs to the manager.
- Assist with monthly Inventory of both JUSTIN Wine and Non-JUSTIN Wine. Performs weekly inventory on the following: glasses, flatware, dining room accessories and linens.
- Continually educates and informs oneself of all new JUSTIN releases as well as JUSTIN Library wines, viticulture and winemaking techniques
- Any other duties assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Genuine understanding of the importance of providing outstanding customer service
- Grace under pressure; a strong sense of urgency, insistent attention to detail with a desire to exceed customer's expectations
- Must have prior experience in an upscale, fine dining environment
- A thorough understanding of food, to include origins, prep methods and techniques, ingredients and ingredient combinations
- A strong food vocabulary and ability to understand a sophisticated food menu
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Two years of fine dining restaurant experience
- Proven success working in a customer service position or industry
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wine and Merchandise Discounts
- All the Fiji water you can drink at work
- Wine Education Program
- Fun Work Environment
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties. Widely recognized for their iconic ISOSCELES Bordeaux blend, JUSTIN is also known for their Cabernet Sauvignon. The property at JUSTIN features a Tasting Room, luxury suite accommodations and a Restaurant -- making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In addition to its stellar hospitality offerings, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing JUSTIN as a leader in luxury Bordeaux variety winemaking. In 2015, JUSTIN was named "American Winery of the Year" by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, on-line store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about what makes JUSTIN so unique, visit www.justinwine.com.
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery
Paso Robles, CA