MIG / TIG Finished Product Welding
JTL Staffing is currently hiring MIG & TIG Welders for a facility in Madison, AL. This is a temporary to hire position. $15 - $16
Perform various MIG weld operations, in a production environment, to include: tack welding, final welding and sub arc welding. Will work with blueprints to measure and position fabricated steel components in fixtures or on table. Verify initial position of components as well as final position of components using straight edge, combination square, calipers and rule. Perform cleaning and grinding operations on welded products. May perform rework or prototype projects. May operate metal fabrication equipment, such as drill press, band saw and ironwork. Accurately record work order information and inventory transactions.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of welding experience required
- Ability to read blueprints with weld symbols and specifications
- General shop math skills including use of fractions and decimals
- Ability to wear welding specific personal protective equipment, including helmet, gloves and protective leather attire
- Ability to operate grinders, deburring equipment and torch
- Capable to perform standard measurements using various tools
- Ability to follow instructions
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- May be required to work weekends, non-traditional hours and Holidays as needed
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend and reach on constant basis
If you are a qualified candidate please submit your resume, or call to speak with a recruiter for immediate application assistance (256) 772-1788.