- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As JT4 continues to grow, we are hiring a Computer Scientist for our Edwards AFB located in California or Nellis AFB located in Nevada.
The Computer Scientist provides software and systems engineering services, generally within a work unit or group.
- Advises team and project managers on technical problems.
- Interacts with customers and project managers on a regular basis.
- Works independently of direct supervision on projects of high complexity.
- Uses judgment and initiative in developing complex analytical and computational technologies and methodologies for solving problems, which may be technically unique to the industry.
- Interprets customer requirements, develops, and analyzes the most appropriate approach to solve technical problems.
- Develops the design of the system/software and the associated design documentation. Prepares and conducts design reviews.
- Implements the design through software coding or hardware and documents the implementation appropriately.
- Plans and executes unit, integration, and systems testing.
- Participates in the maintenance and sustainment activities of the system/software.
- May provide work direction or other guidance to lower-level technical staff.
- Establishes and maintains positive customer relations.
- May support pursuit of new business efforts, lead proposal efforts, and act as a technical consultant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an associated discipline and at least 2-4 years of related experience or have a master’s degree in an associated discipline and at least 2 years of experience, or a PhD in an associated discipline. Incumbent must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge in one or more object-oriented programming languages such as C++/Python/Java/C#
- Knowledge in Hardware and software design and documentation techniques preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows, Linux operating systems
- Proficiency in C++, Object Oriented Programming
- Proficiency in Network programming (decomposition and packaging, UDP)
- User interface programming (QT)
- Event based programming
- Knowledge with testing, deployment, configuration management and software sustainment.
- Experience with systems engineering and software development lifecycles.
- Knowledge with version control systems such as GIT
- Knowledge with software modeling and simulation integrating one or more of the following: sensors, electronic warfare systems, communication links, databases, aircraft, threat models, databases and weapons systems.
- Knowledge with integrating software and modeling environments consisting of digital and analog processors, cockpit displays and controls, mechanical and electrical interfaces and flight program software.
- Background with coding or modeling using MIL-STD-1760 or 1553 data bus characteristics along with experience with Air-to Air and Air to ground weapons desired.
- Experience working in a closed environment with limited external access.
We prepare our nation’s Warfighters for the missions of today while building new capabilities to meet the global challenges of tomorrow.
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force, Space Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract (J-Tech II).
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ScienceView all jobs at JT4
Get fresh Computational Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.