JT4 is hiring Buyers for the following locations: Edwards AFB, California; Ridgecrest California (China Lake Naval Range) and Las Vegas, NV location.
JT4 provides engineering and technical support multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
This job encompasses multiple duties and skills:
Purchases commonly used "off-the-shelf" materials, supplies, equipment, and services (e.g., utilities, maintenance, and repair). Transactions usually involve local retailers, wholesalers, jobbers, and manufacturers' sales representatives. Quantities purchased are generally small amounts, e.g., those available from local sources, and are at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements, and other factors.
- Lead the acquisition process by planning, negotiating, awarding and administering purchase orders from “cradle to grave.”
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery. May direct the work of one or more clerks who perform routine aspects of the work.
- May interview prospective vendors necessary to fulfill typical business needs.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Recommends and suggests departmental cost savings through effective negotiations with assigned vendors, by leveraging bid solicitations through volume discounts, and other sourcing techniques and strategies.
- Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Work is primarily sedentary in an office environment; however, some walking, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, stretching and lifting (up to 25 pounds) is required for such purposes as filing and gathering supplies. Frequent use of a computer is required. Routine travel to remote work locations may be required.
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration preferred or equivalent formal training.
- 3 or more years of experience.
- Must have knowledge of common business, industrial, and trade practices with respect to sales, prices, cost comparisons, discounts, deliveries, stocks, and shipments of varied items purchased.
- Must have knowledge of commercial supply sources, such as, sales literature and sales representatives.
- Skill and tact are required in dealing with suppliers to ensure adequate and timely response to purchasing needs, and to ensure the lowest possible price is obtained.
- Must possess skills in the use of a personal computer and be familiar with Microsoft Office tools, email and the Internet.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) in order to comply with governmental policy and procedure.
- DoD experience is a plus.
- Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and possess a current State issued driver's license.