We currently have open positions for the at our stellar manufacturing location in Baytown, Texas. The role itself is called "Manufacturing Technician and in this role, you will be performing a number of functions to include the following:
* General Labor * Burner operations * Loading * Grinder operations * Conveyor operating
* Expediting * Coating operations * Shear operations * Forklift operations
These individuals in these positions will perform manufacturing duties, machine operation and/or production work.
This job must be carried out in compliance with all JSW Steel "Business Conduct and Ethics Standards, Policies, and Procedures" as well as with all Federal, State, and Local laws. You must be 18 years of age or older to work in the manufacturing environment.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & TASKS: (can vary)
- Follow direction from supervisors
- Shift work (day or evening)
- Be able to meet the demands of the job to include large amounts of standing, stooping, walking, bending, lifting, carrying, climbing, balancing, twisting, and turning.
- Have the ability to speak and hear to communicate with co-workers
- Hand dexterity to push, pull, hold, turn machine equipment, and operate tools.
- Lift up to 40-50 pounds regularly.
- Occasionally work at heights requiring climbing stairways.
- Work in varied weather conditions including considerable heat and cold.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform this job successfully. Equivalent job-related experience might be substituted for educational degree.
High School Diploma, GED or the ability to read and write at this level, which may include accurately reading a tape measure.
1+ years of Heavy Industrial or Industrial Manufacturing work experience would be very helpful.
JSW Steel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages veterans, females and minority candidates to apply.