- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JST is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to support our team within a government environment. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing & configuring applications, pipelines, and/or solutions using Google Workspace, Google API, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and all the various tools available in the domain for each client's unique requirements. The role shall provide professional support and develop a simple, sustainable products for the customer.
This is a full-time, remote opportunity. JST offers a complete benefits package, a collaborative work environment, and strong company culture. Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Systems Engineer Responsibilities
- Building technology like a traditional software engineer, but faster and smarter using Google tools
- Knows how to balance between no-code, low code, and high code solutions and can communicate the benefits or drawbacks of each solution
- Researching and analyzing internal business processes with the scope of optimizing and automating them
- Strong confidence in leading customer project engagements is essential, but it can be gained in time, too
- Expected to execute and maintain projects, provide technical advice, and design applications to automate/improve information flow to the government teams
- Team members are expected to integrate into customer daily standups, business operations, development, and security operations teams
- Daily tasks will include solution support, documentation, application development, and capability development
- Analyze client's business, systems, and workflow processes to come up with solutions that meet the customer's needs
- Capture and clearly articulate requirements, limitations, and progress, working closely with end clients to prioritize different deliverables
- Able to ensure that a solution implements smart data management or architecture, to maintain a common data schema across multiple platforms, tools, or database types
- "Owns" solution implementation: able to communicate design, give continuous communication on project status, document the process of implementation, train end users, and able to maintain/troubleshoot solution
Systems Engineer Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- REST API experience (or web API equivalent): 1 year (Required)
- 2+ years Cloud Experience - Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a plus
- 1+ year in data science and/or database exposure (JSON, CSVs, Tableau, Data Studio, etc.)
- Experience working in government environment is a plus
- 2+ years of being a self-starter, leading small projects and/or managing software teams
- 2+ years with technical support, specializing in software and problem diagnosis
- Knowledge of APIs, ability to comprehend software documentation, and experience in software integration
- Able to adapt to agile working practice, structured project management
- Communicates clearly on various technical levels with the ability to professionally breakdown complex solutions to a non-technical background
- Must be comfortable working in remote environments
- Must be able to excel working in a team environment
- Productivity and performance focused
- Problem-solving skills and solution-oriented attitude
- Proactive attitude in automating processes as much as possible
- Curious and a continuous hunger for learning and staying up to date with the latest solutions on the market (especially in Google environment)
- Analytical mind, but a creative spirit with an open-minded attitude
Required Clearances and Screenings
- MUST be able to successfully pass a drug and background check
- MUST be able to successfully obtain a DoD CAC card and Tier 1 investigation
Culture isn't something you talk about. It's something you do. JST is committed to creating a positive environment 'that reaches beyond work and careers' to support every employee's professional and personal objectives. JST values the well-being of every employee and encourages healthy lifestyles, family activities and community involvement.
JST is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. JST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
JSTOOGOOD, LLCWhy Work Here?
Amazing CEO, tons of advancement opportunities and educational support!
No objective is beyond reach! Joint Strategic Technologies (JST) enables successful mission outcomes from the back office to the battlefield. Our team includes leading experts from military, government and the private sector, all working together to help federal customers make a difference. Our goal is to Elevate the Impact that our employees have on our customers and treat every employee as a valued member of our team. JST empowers employees to make decisions and take action, thus improving overall organizational growth and employee development. Culture isn't something you talk about. It's something you do. JST is committed to creating a positive environment 'that reaches beyond work and careers' to support every employee's professional and personal objectives. JST values the well-being of every employee and encourages healthy lifestyles, family activities and community involvement. JST is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. JST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
TechnologyView all jobs at JSTOOGOOD, LLC