Senior Computer Systems Engineer/Architect
- Posted: over a month ago
JST is seeking a Senior Computer Systems Engineer/Architect. The Senior Computer Systems Engineer/Architect provides our government customer with system design, operation, administration, and maintenance. Operate, administer, and maintain networks at the unclassified, secret and top secret-SCI classification levels and provide after-hours, non-duty hours and on-call support. Perform systems architecture design and planning and develop and maintain an overall plan for systems upgrades to support long-term budgeting.
This is a full-time position located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. JST offers a full benefit package, a collaborative work environment and strong company culture. Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Senior Computer Systems Engineer/Architect Responsibilities
- Develop and review communication system requirements, compare potential needs with existing infrastructure, identify shortfalls and excesses, integrate communication systems to achieve interoperability and establish continuity procedures and a reference library of pertinent policies, procedures, documents and architectures to properly plan for future communication systems
- Update, maintain, and deliver CSIR and schematic operational, systems, and technical architecture drawings. Update, maintain, and deliver interface drawings between systems, connectivity drawings of equipment to various LANs and current configuration modifications IAW AFI 33-150 requirements derived from communication requirements and system accreditation processes to the level agreed upon by the Government and the contractor
- Develop and review project communication system requirements, compare potential needs with existing infrastructure, identify shortfalls and excesses, integrate communication systems to achieve interoperability and establish continuity procedures. Coordinate's delivery of software, designs, records, databases, manuals, guides, standard operating procedures and similar items required for operations and transition
- Participate in planning forums, briefings, conferences, and meetings to stay informed on internal and external resources
- Perform systems architecture design and planning and develop and maintain an overall plan for systems upgrades to support long-term budgeting. Support is targeted at the rapid prototyping of systems. Update, maintain, and deliver schematic operational, systems, and technical architecture drawings
- Leverage new technologies to enhance national capabilities for US and joint fighter, bomber, attack and ISR aircraft and munitions capabilities, including tactical sensor integration and multi-sensor fusion. Facilitate the transition of these capabilities, innovative concepts, technologies, and processes to operational use, capability integration or demonstration through the planning and execution of projects, proof of concept demonstrations, and testing and integration of quick reaction capabilities
- Support managing technical and special security activities, oversee technical cost, performance, and project schedule metrics of other contractor activities in the performance of associated tasks and projects
- Support transition and program integration activities; support transitioning of capabilities and technologies projects to other organizations, and advise the Government of the need, implications and technical actions required to achieve transition
- Meet with customers/users on a regular basis to learn about their organizational structures, unit missions and requirements to gain a better understanding of their needs and to educate customers on the processes and procedures
- Comply with certification/education/training requirements as mandated in DoD 8570.01 M (i.e., commercial/industry certifications).
Senior Computer Systems Engineer/Architect Qualifications
- AA or Bachelor's in Engineering, Science, Business, IT or relevant field OR equivalent related professional experience
- IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE, CCNA, CySA+, etc) required
- Top Secret Clearance required
- 10+ years of Systems Engineering experience within professional and government environments
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience as a Systems Architect
- Strong planning, organization, and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time
- Occasional travel may be required
Required Clearances and Screenings
- Must possess an active Top Secret
- COVID 19 requirements are in line with government policies and CDC guidance
About Joint Strategic Technologies (JST)
No objective is beyond reach! Joint Strategic Technologies (JST) enables successful mission outcomes from the back office to the battlefield. Our team includes leading experts from military, government, and the private sector, all working together to help federal customers make a difference. Our goal is to Elevate the Impact that our employees have on our customers and treat every employee as a valued member of our team. JST empowers employees to make decisions and take action, thus improving overall organizational growth and employee development.
Culture isn't something you talk about. It's something you do. JST is committed to creating a positive environment 'that reaches beyond work and careers' to support every employee's professional and personal objectives. JST values the well-being of every employee and encourages healthy lifestyles, family activities and community involvement.
JST is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. JST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressManitou Springs, CO
TechnologyView all jobs at JST