Flight Test Engineer
JST San Antonio, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JST is currently seeking a Flight Test Engineer. The Flight Test Engineer will work within a multi-disciplinary team co-located with government employees to develop, monitor, and manage large military service contracts. The Flight Test Engineer will communicate complex engineering terms and procedures to the government customer.
This is a full-time position located in San Antonio, TX. JST offers a full benefit package, a collaborative work environment and strong company culture. Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Flight Test Engineer Responsibilities
- Provide management support, technical advice, and leadership for engineering efforts
- Provide engineering, technical, and managerial direction for problem definition, analysis, requirement development, and implementation for complex systems in the engineering discipline required to meet technical requirements
- Coordinate with other organizations to ensure requirement satisfaction of mission requirements, clarity, conciseness, and testability
- Make recommendations and advise on system development, improvements, optimization, or support efforts
- Perform engineering assessments of systems or subsystems using methodologies and techniques appropriate to the systems engineering discipline, including risk management, requirements management, and reliability analysis.
- Give technical briefs or presentations after synthesizing or generating technical materials from multi-functional sources
- Perform enterprise-wide planning and implementation
Flight Test Engineer Qualifications
- Master's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline or 15 years of equivalent progressive engineering experience
- Must have experience as an Aviation System Engineer or similar role
- Expertise in aircraft system or subsystem architecture development, requirements analysis and development, system performance analysis, integration, verification, and validation
- Knowledge of development and refinement of aircraft systems engineering documentation
- Familiar with commercial avionics, airframe, propulsion, and flight law interface standards and installation
- Knowledge of USAF Test and Evaluation processes, including Low Rate Initial Production and Full Rate Production processes
- Expertise in design and analysis of flight test for avionics, airframe, and avionics subsystems
- Knowledge of Preliminary/Critical Design documentation, certification test plans, and test reports
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Aggregate, analyze, and present data
- Energetic personality
- Highly motivated
Required Clearances and Screenings
- MUST be able to successfully pass a drug and background check
About Joint Strategic Technologies (JST)
No objective is beyond reach! Joint Strategic Technologies (JST) enables successful mission outcomes from the back office to the battlefield. Our team includes leading experts from military, government and the private sector, all working together to help federal customers make a difference. Our goal is to Elevate the Impact that our employees have on our customers and treat every employee as a valued member of our team. JST empowers employees to make decisions and take action, thus improving overall organizational growth and employee development.
Culture isn't something you talk about. It's something you do. JST is committed to creating a positive environment 'that reaches beyond work and careers' to support every employee's professional and personal objectives. JST values the well-being of every employee and encourages healthy lifestyles, family activities and community involvement.
JST is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. JST will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSan Antonio, TX
TravelView all jobs at JST