IT Network Engineer (Onsite)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT Network Engineer (Onsite/Sunnyvale, Ca)
(Full time opportunity- not a Contract job)
JSR is one of the most quietly innovative companies in the world, providing state-of-the-art materials to the semiconductor chip manufacturing industry that enables next-generation AI and Machine learning chips to industry leaders such as Intel, Samsung, and TSMC. In addition, JSR life sciences companies provide best-in-class services and products to support the discovery, development, and manufacture of new therapeutics.
Come join our team and together we will bring digital products and services to all our business units globally to empower them to be more innovative and deliver innovation faster to their customers.
This position requires an experienced professional with a proven track record of managing and supporting the network infrastructure. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, possess the ability to learn quickly, and strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hands-on engineering work: Install, configure, and manage network infrastructure devices (switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers and APs, SSL, VPN networks, etc.).
- Maintain standards-based network designs for multiple sites and backbone infrastructure.
- Ensure network devices are configured and maintained by appropriate standards, best practices, and compliance requirements. Utilize and follow the change management process for network changes.
- Performance analysis and capacity planning for network circuits and devices
- Work with other members of the team and service providers to implement solutions to system-related problems to minimize operational impact.
- Assist in the development of guidelines and procedures for administration and security best practices.
- Authors or contributes to network security policies and procedures, network design topology diagrams
- Monitor network performance, and utilization, anticipate problems, and suggest solutions.
- Rapidly response to emergencies during and outside of normal business hours.
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
· BS Degree in Computer Science required (MS Degree preferred), or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 4 years of Network Engineering experience.
- Solid understanding of network protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, SFTP, SMTP, HSRP, LDAP, HSRP, VRRP, 802.1x, etc.)
- Must be highly technical with hands-on ability in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including Firewalls (Cisco ASA/Firepower & Sophos UTM), Routers (Cisco), Switches (Cisco & HP/Aruba), Wireless (Ruckus & HP/Aruba) and network monitoring tools (Nagios, etc.)
- Solid experience in Cisco and HP/Aruba switches, Cisco ASA/Firepower Firewalls, and Sophos UTM Firewalls.
- Proficient in private and public WAN technologies (VPN, MPLS, SDWAN).
- Knowledge of technologies related to SDWAN, MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, and Traffic Engineering.
- Network cabling and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Cloud networking experience in Azure or AWS will be a strong plus.
- Experience in a network semiconductor industry with sub-contract manufacturing environments is a strong plus.
· Medical Savings Accounts
· Life/Disability Benefits
· Voluntary Benefits
· 401(k) Retirement Plan Matching
· Employee Assistance Plan
· Commuter Program
· Paid Time Off
JSR is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
**Recruitment agencies/Headhunter do not submit resumes/CVs through our Web site or directly to managers. JSR will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with JSR. JSR do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. We are not also working with any C2C arrangements at this time.**
We value Innovation, Quality, Customers, and People! JSR combines a deep Japanese heritage of materials innovation, with speed propelled by our strong customer partnerships with premier tech & life sciences companies.
JSR Micro, Inc.
1280 North Mathilda AveSunnyvale, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at JSR Micro, Inc.
Get fresh Senior Network Systems Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.