- Snack foods manufacturer that has fantastic benefits has been in business for 36 years has a need for a Quality Manager
- The Quality Manager is responsible for the coordination, planning, managing and executing the plant safety, and quality initiatives
- Our client offers work-life balance, growth potential, stability, and a great team environment.
- This job is open due to promotion
- Local candidate only
- Manage, direct and lead the entire safety and quality team consisting of 10 quality technicians
- Manage the Quality Assurance and work with operations to prevent HACCP, SSOP and process or product failures
- Drive continuous improvement of product quality through developing food safety and quality plans, process controls, and specifications, food safety and quality training
- Identify and inform plant leadership of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of frequent safety observation audits.
- Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the quality Systems
- Promote safety and health awareness.
- Perform monthly and yearly specific Safety Training as required.
- Lead the tracking and assessment of company-wide safety requirements and metrics
- Develop and support the delivery of Company-wide safety training programs and assess their effectiveness.
- Review all safety programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory agencies on a continuous basis and revise as appropriate.
- BS/BA degree is preferred or an equivalent amount of Quality leadership experience is required
- 5+ years of manufacturing safety and or QA leadership experience is required
- Food manufacturing experience is preferred; prefer experience from any of the following industries: high-speed packaging, baking, snack foods, meat packaging, consumer products, beverage or similar industries
- Experience working with auditors and working knowledge with any of the following: HACCP, USDA, BRC, SQF GMP’s, FDA, EPA, and OSHA regulations
- Detailed oriented, good attitude, the ability to influence others and lead/direct others through training initiatives
- Hands on, willing to be on the operation floor for at least 50% of the time.
- Computer literate in spreadsheet, and word applications; SAP experience is preferred
- Experience with lean manufacturing, 5S, six-sigma or other continuous improvement tools
If you have experience as a Quality Manager, then send us your resume and we will respond ASAP.
With 12 years of experience in the field of supply chain and manufacturing recruiting, we maintain the relationships that employers are looking for in a recruiting firm as well as those that talented professionals need when they are ready to make a career change.
At JSK Recruiting, we provide complete recruiting services, from sourcing candidates to organizing the interview process. Finding both long-term employees and rewarding careers across manufacturing and supply chain positions has never been easier.