Plant Accounting Manager
- Chicago suburbs consumer products manufacturer that offers work-life balance and excellent benefits is hiring for a Plant Accounting Manager due to a retirement
- Oversee all financial activities at the facility; oversight of financial accounting, A/P and A/R functions, payroll and cash flow.
- The plant accounting manager will be a key member of the management team with a focus on cost accounting and managing fixed assets
- Partner with the Plant Controller and have a collaborative partnership with the senior management team.
- This person will be a leader within the company and be a key contributor to important strategic and operational decisions
- If you enjoy working in a fast-paced operation and want to bring new ideas, changes and a plan to improve the process, then we want to hear from you
- Local candidates only, sponsorship is NOT available
- Guides accounting decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Manage a team of 5 including staff accountants and payroll administrators
- 3 main functions: Financial reporting, cost accounting and payroll management
- Determine cost factors for material, direct labor, and overhead for manufacturing using Bills of Materials and Routers.
- Analyze and report variances on work orders for manufacturing.
- Analyze and reconcile inventory transactions for accuracy and completeness in support of monthly financial reporting.
- Maintains financial records on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures.
- Arrange for audits of financial records and responds to findings.
- Prepares annual budgets
- Manage the payroll department and perform payroll functions as a backup as needed
- Oversee preparation, coordinate month end and review documents to ensure wages, benefits, vacation time and 401K contributions are accurate and maintained correctly
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other closely education is required
- MBA, CPA or CMA is preferred
- 3+ of manufacturing accounting experience required; must have experience with a manufacturing organization that uses raw materials and completes a finished product. Prefer experience with consumer products, chemicals, food or related industry
- 3+ years of cost accounting experience is required
- Detailed understanding of general accounting principles, budget preparation, financial reporting, and overseeing payroll functions with a good understanding of benefits
- Able to lead, develop, train, mentor and perform performance reviews for a team of accounting professionals
- Must be a “hands-on” / “roll-up up your sleeves” individual with the ability to perform accounting responsibilities and lead by example
- Entrepreneurial spirit; able to wear multiple hats, and solve problems in a fast-paced operation
- Self-starter looking for a leadership role within a fast-growing national company
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent systems ERP systems, MS Excel and MS Access skills
With 12 years of experience in the field of supply chain and manufacturing recruiting, we maintain the relationships that employers are looking for in a recruiting firm as well as those that talented professionals need when they are ready to make a career change.
At JSK Recruiting, we provide complete recruiting services, from sourcing candidates to organizing the interview process. Finding both long-term employees and rewarding careers across manufacturing and supply chain positions has never been easier.