- Large food manufacturing organization is expanding their Iowa operation and installing two automated production lines
- This is a newly created position at this location to specifically oversee the expansion and management of the operations
- Company has been in business for 50 years with sales around $25 billion.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing, processing and packaging.
- Relocation assistance will be provided
- ******JOB IS LOCATED 90 MILES SOUTH OF MINNEAPOLIS, MN *****
- Sponsorship and visa transfers are not available
- Big believers in growth potential
- Medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability (great coverage at a low cost)
- 401K match
- Profit sharing
- Bonus potential
- This position will manage an operation with 2 automated processing / packaging / freezer lines. Will manage 7 Production Supervisors, and 250 employees
- Responsible for ensuring employee productivity, and facility safety while working in conjunction with other managers and supervisors
- Monitor, exceed, track KPI’s and maintain production standards for efficiencies, material waste and quality.
- Establish a culture of engagement and set the strategic direction for the team.
- Ensures all guidelines of GMP’s, allergen programs, FDA, AIB, USDA, the Environmental Control Act and OSHA standards comply.
- Strategic involvement with leading continuous improvement initiatives using Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma and similar CI principles
- BA/BS degree required, ideally in Operations Management, Mechanical Engineering, Business Management or similar
- 5+ years of experience food manufacturing experience required; prefer meat processing, USDA or Ready-to-eat products
- 5+ years of experience in a Production Manager, Plant Manager, Department Manager, Production Superintendent, Operations Manager or similar role. Must have experience managing leaders in a manufacturing setting
- Must be flexible and capable of working in a fast-paced environment utilizing lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience with following guidelines with: FDA, SQF, AIB or USDA
- Military veterans
- Demonstrated success with capital projects, facility expansion and team development
- Meat processing/packaging experience
If you are a Operations Manager with manufacturing experience then click apply and we will respond to you as quick as possible