- Food processing/ packaging operation is looking for a Manufacturing Manager to manage, upgrade, organize and streamline the operation
- Our client has great work-life balance, a great team culture and promotes within.
- This is a newly created position as they recently built and expanded the operation and is adding to staff
- The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing.
- FULL Relocation assistance will be provided
- Sponsorship and visa transfers are not available
- *****JOB IS LOCATED 50 MILES NORTH OF KNOXVILLE, TN********
- Direct the work activities of 5 salaried and 100+ hourly associates
- Manage, direct and supervise the operation, including: production, packaging, maintenance, quality control and production planning
- Improve productivity and decrease waste through the identification and implementation of continuous improvement, lean, and six-sigma initiatives and projects.
- Increase labor efficiency and utilization, including staffing and overtime.
- Ensure that customer specifications are consistently met or exceeded.
- Develop and implement processes, metrics, KPI’s and procedures to continually improve the flow of the operation
- Direct management team to ensure productivity targets are monitored and achieved across all facility assets.
- Manage overall spending budget and in relation to changes in production volume.
- Drive and implement high performance management practices, including Lean Six-Sigma, daily management processes and other related programs.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities through annual goal planning and performance reviews.
- Develop talent through assignments, job rotations, cross-training, and promotions to build bench strength and succession planning.
- Drive a change in culture to improve employee involvement initiatives and practices. Build, improve and maintain a productive and engaged relationship with hourly associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required AND 5+ years of Operations/Plant Management experience. Prefer BS/BA in industrial engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or similar required.
- Must have Six-Sigma/Lean/Project Management or similar certifications/ training
- Must have high-speed manufacturing experience; prefer foods, high-speed packaging, automotive, consumer products or similar manufacturing industry experience is required
- 5+ years of management/supervisory experience with experience managing salaried employees and 100+ hourly employees.
- Cross-functional operations experience with a proven track record of delivering successful business results in the areas of safety, quality, and cost.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to track, analyze and manage KPI’s and metrics
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP, WMS. Any implementation or system upgrade experience is preferred
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills to have the ability to speak with employees, other department managers and senior management.
- True Leadership Skills with the ability to motivate employees to keep operations running efficiently meeting defined business metrics
- Problem-Solving Skills, to be able to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it, such as identifying defects in the production line.
- Time Management, to be able to face production deadlines
- Ongoing passion to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead initiatives to deliver bottom-line results.
- Possess strong training/facilitation skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
If you have operations management experience and strong continuous improvement background, then click apply and we will respond to you as quick as possible
With 12 years of experience in the field of supply chain and manufacturing recruiting, we maintain the relationships that employers are looking for in a recruiting firm as well as those that talented professionals need when they are ready to make a career change.
At JSK Recruiting, we provide complete recruiting services, from sourcing candidates to organizing the interview process. Finding both long-term employees and rewarding careers across manufacturing and supply chain positions has never been easier.
JSK Recruiting, Inc
Why Work Here?The team at JSK Recruiting, Inc. prides itself on providing boutique-level services combined with the resources of a larger recruiting firm. We forgo the traditional nine-to-five workday model in favor of complete accessibility. We are here for our clients and candidates when they need us most. With 12 years of experience in the field of supply chain and manufacturing recruiting, we maintain the relationships that employers are looking for in a recruiting firm as well as those that talented professionals need when they are ready to make a career change. At JSK Recruiting, we provide complete recruiting services, from sourcing candidates to organizing the interview process. Finding both long-term employees and rewarding careers across manufacturing and supply chain positions has never been easier.
Foods manufacturer is growing and needs talent to help maintain, organize and improve efficiencies