Junior Human Resources Manager
- Well established foods manufacturing facility has a need for an HR Manager due to an expansion. This is a newly created role as the department is expanding
- Looking for this person to be promoted to an HR Manager for a plant with 500+ employees
- Company has been in business for 95 years with sales around $31 billion and has 60+ locations nationwide.
- They offer fantastic benefits and are big believers in continuous improvement and upper ward mobility
- Local candidates only
- Sponsorship and visa transfers are not available
- Salary range is based on experience: $60,000 - $70,000 + 10% bonus
- Assist with organizing the operation by interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems and compliance with organization's policies and applicable laws
- Manage a team of 3 HR direct reports working in a large union facility with 1000+ hourly employees
- Provide direction and counsel regarding human resource aspects of distribution operations in both union and non-union environments
- Manage the HR department; build team to oversee all HR functions for the operation
- Offer guidance and assistance to operations personnel in dealing with day-to-day employee relations’ issues.
- Provide accurate and consistent policy interpretation and administration.
- Acts as company representative in dealing with Union issues.
- Recruit for all exempt, non-exempt and hourly positions in the operation.
- Oversees management of Workers’ compensation.
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures.
- Manage performance management process and developmental needs of staff
- BS/BA degree required; ideally in Human Resources. MBA, Masters and or PHR certified is preferred
- 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing setting as a HR Generalist, Supervisor or Manager is required; food manufacturing is preferred
- Experience working in a large facility with 500+ employees is preferred
- Union experience is strongly preferred
- Thorough experience managing, and directing HR functions for a facility – including supervising HR staff, payroll, workers comp, training, policies and procedures, etc.
- Experience with hiring, training, on-boarding, recruiting and implementing HR policies and procedures
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish is a plus
- Military veterans are a plus
If you have HR experience in manufacturing or distribution, then send us your resume and we will respond today
With 12 years of experience in the field of supply chain and manufacturing recruiting, we maintain the relationships that employers are looking for in a recruiting firm as well as those that talented professionals need when they are ready to make a career change.
At JSK Recruiting, we provide complete recruiting services, from sourcing candidates to organizing the interview process. Finding both long-term employees and rewarding careers across manufacturing and supply chain positions has never been easier.