Inventory Manager - Foods
- Food packaging facility is looking for an individual to manage, organize and streamline the inventory department
- Our client has fantastic benefits, work-life balance (rarely work Saturday’s) and promote within.
- This is a newly created position as they recently built a new warehouse attached to their existing production facility
- The Inventory Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for distribution.
- Local candidates only
- Sponsorship and visa transfers are not available
- This position will manage inventory for 2 facilities, 250,000-square feet, 30 dock doors and 5+ employees
- Responsible for ensuring employee productivity, facility safety, and distribution activities while working in conjunction with other managers and supervisors
- Monitor, exceed, and maintain logistics / distribution standards for efficiencies, and quality.
- Establish a culture of engagement and set the strategic direction for the team.
- Strategic involvement with leading continuous improvement initiatives using Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma and similar principles
- BA/BS degree is preferred or an equivalent amount of inventory management experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a food, consumer products or high-speed packaging warehouse operation is required; prefer experience and knowledge with manufacturing
- 5+ years of experience in a Inventory Manager, Warehouse Manager, Production Inventory Control Manager or similar role.
- Experience shipping consumer products to retailers such as Costco, Wal-Mart, Target, BJ’s, Sam’s Club or similar retailers is preferred
- Able to train, develop and manage a temporary work-force during peak seasons
- Great at problem-solving, multi-tasking and creative a positive culture with teamwork and development
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment utilizing lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement methodologies
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish preferred
If you are an Inventory Manager in a food or high-speed packaging operation then click apply and we will respond to you as quick as possible
With 12 years of experience in the field of supply chain and manufacturing recruiting, we maintain the relationships that employers are looking for in a recruiting firm as well as those that talented professionals need when they are ready to make a career change.
At JSK Recruiting, we provide complete recruiting services, from sourcing candidates to organizing the interview process. Finding both long-term employees and rewarding careers across manufacturing and supply chain positions has never been easier.