Food Safety Quality Manager
- Snack foods manufacturer that has been in business for 10 years has a need for a Food Safety Quality Manager (FSQM)
- The FSQM is responsible for the coordination, planning, management and execution of the entire plant safety, food safety and quality initiatives
- Our client offers growth potential, stability, and a great team environment.
- This job is open due to promotion
- Local candidates only
- Manage, direct and lead the entire safety and quality team consisting of 2 Supervisor sand indirectly 15 quality technicians
- Accountable for the preparation and the execution of AIB daily verification tasks, as well as numerous 3rd party audits and food safety system assessments. Takes appropriate corrective action as a result of any findings generated.
- Manage the Food Safety and Quality Assurance and work with operations to prevent HACCP, SSOP and process or product failures
- Drive continuous improvement of product quality through developing food safety and quality plans, process controls, and specifications, food safety and quality training
- Identify and inform plant leadership of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of frequent safety observation audits.
- Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF System, including food safety fundamentals
- Promote safety and health awareness.
- Perform monthly and yearly specific Safety Training as required.
- Lead the tracking and assessment of company-wide safety requirements and metrics
- Develop and support the delivery of Company-wide safety training programs and assess their effectiveness.
- Review all safety programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory agencies on a continuous basis and revise as appropriate.
- BS degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Operations Management, or related field preferred or equivalent Food Safety/ QA management experience required
- 5+ years manufacturing safety / QA leadership experience
- Food manufacturing experience is required or a very similar manufacturing industry
- Experience working with auditors and working knowledge with any of the following: HACCP, USDA, BRC, SQF GMP’s, AIB, FDA, EPA, and OSHA regulations
- Detailed oriented, good attitude, the ability to influence others and lead/direct others through training initiatives
- Hands on, willing to be on the operation floor for at least 50% of the time.
- Computer literate in spreadsheet, and word applications; SAP experience is preferred
- Experience with lean manufacturing, 5S, six-sigma or other continuous improvement tools