Located in Omaha, Nebraska, we are a well established, leading shipping & logistics company. Currently, we are looking for a full-time IBM Sterling Integration Engineer to join our information systems team.
This role will be key in developing and implementing solutions to integrate applications and data between internal and external partners, across the enterprise, or internal to its units/departments. You will evaluate existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and to ensure final solutions meet organizational needs. Have the opportunity to participate in the planning, implementation, testing, debugging, and troubleshooting of system integration solutions. This individual will look into reusing components when possible and assist management in buy/build decisions.
- Performs coding changes or develops new system processes based on technical specifications
- Develop and execute unit tests to ensure coding changes adhere to functional requirements and technical specifications
- Develop technical documentation including Use Case Diagrams, UML Component Diagrams, UML
- Deployment Diagrams, Flow/Activity Diagrams, Java Docs, and change control documentation.
- Research and resolve production support issues as they occur
- Mentors junior developers in coding techniques, technical support, code reviews and test reviews
- Install, maintain, and develop tool kit including: SQL Editor, Visio, & SharePoint
- Monitors and tunes integration engine for optimal performance and redundancy
- Monitors business processes for optimal configuration, timeliness of execution, and troubleshoots exceptions
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 7 + years of experience developing solutions with one or both of the following products: IBM Sterling Integrator, & IBM Control Center
- Hands on experience with IBM Sterling Integrator 5.X upgrading, licensing and sizing requirements
- IBM B2B integrator and Control Center administration, software, patches and updates installation. Cluster maintenance, performance tuning and configuring adapters/services
- Experience with services, adapters, On boarding trading partners and communication protocols like FTP, SFTP, HTTPS and AS2
- Troubleshoots and debugs translation errors and other expectations to determine and correct root cause
- Experience with restful and soap services
- Experience in JAVA user exits and 3rd party jars
- Skilled in XML, SQL, and troubleshooting techniques with knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Architecture (SOA), UML, document translations, messaging, workflow, service consumption, scripting, and testing frameworks
- Develops and tests maps, scripts, configuration, and programs for integration according to specifications provided. Develops technical documentation including data mapping diagrams, flow/activity diagrams, and change control documentation
- Configures secure electronic communication protocols and service consumption environment.
- Good communication, oral and written skills as well as multi-tasking skills. Ability to work in a team
- Works as part of a development team using Agile Scrum practices