Chicago State University seeking Executive Director of Budget
- Posted: 8 days ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental,
This position is responsible for all aspects of managing the Budget Office, overseeing the daily activities of the University budget, directing the university-wide budgetary processes, and ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and statutes.
About Chicago State University
Chicago State University (CSU), founded in 1867, is the oldest public university in the Chicago Metropolitan area. CSU is known for its impressive landscape, sitting on 161 wooded acres featuring large tracts of open space and beautiful trees. The campus is located near the recently-renovated CTA 95th Street station, as well as other transit systems that all provide commuter students, faculty and staff convenient access to the campus. The University’s five colleges—Health Sciences, Arts and Sciences, Business, Education and Pharmacy— offer various undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree-granting programs. The University also provides the greater South Side Chicago community with a multitude of athletic, cultural, educational and recreational activities.
Under the leadership of President Zaldwaynaka Scott, Esq., whose term began in July 2018, CSU has been committed to a process of renewal and transformation. The President’s student-centered vision focuses on the advancement of the outstanding academic programs currently in place, as well as the development of new, innovative, and relevant programs to meet the needs of employers of the twenty-first century. Top priorities for the President include an unwavering focus on sustainable enrollment growth and student academic and career success.
Chicago State University (CSU) is the only four-year Predominantly Black Institution in Illinois, playing a critical role in the socioeconomic and racial diversity of the state’s workforce. CSU just launched a new brand and is committed to building brand and mission awareness across the city, state, and midwest region, particularly elevating the diverse accomplishments of our students, faculty, and alum. CSU is an excellent work environment for values-driven individuals committed to working collaboratively and creatively.
- Develops the University’s annual budgets for both appropriated and non-appropriated non-grant funds.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning and budget development by managing a process to solicit and review current and projected needs of all academic/administrative units; evaluate defined priorities to clarify/reconcile programmatic objectives and scope for institution alignment with executive leadership and unit administrators.
- Provides advice and counsel to university leadership and fiscal officers in developing and understanding budgets.
- Interfaces with the Board of Trustees and Advisory Committees, as well as sister Universities, IBHE and others to direct collaborative efforts.
- Analyzes, reviews, and approves budget requests and provides recommendations in accordance with institutional policies, procedures, and objectives as well as state mandates.
- Complies with all state reporting requirements, including leading in completing of the RAMP and ISL reports amongst others.
- Acts as primary liaison with University Budget Committee; provides guidance and support in developing effective collaborative processes.
- Forecasts revenues and expenses and develops budget models and scenarios.
- Provides monthly budget-to-actual reports.
- Develops and implements budget training for University fiscal officers.
- Directs the Budget office staffing by overseeing recruitment, training, and management of work assigned.
- Promotes a culture of compliance throughout the university.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or a directly related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Ten years progressively responsible experience in planning and budgeting preferably in a university or nonprofit institution of equal or larger size.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of budgeting in complex institutions; use of large-scale budgeting / ERP system.
- Ability to work effectively with University administrators, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of performance in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Search Consultant
Jordan Search Consultants
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?