• Play account lead role on several large accounts and interact with client executives and team members.
• Develop strategic plans and execute successful campaigns for a range of clients, specifically in digital media, gaming and esports.
• Develop narratives, positioning and messaging on behalf of clients.
• Maintain and develop strong media relationships, pitch in-depth story ideas, and be responsible for developing creative written materials that reflect an understanding of our clients’ businesses.
• Assist in handling many of the day-to-day deliverables for account teams, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
• Manage media inquiries and interview requests and prep executives.
• Consistent proactive creative idea generation and media opportunities on behalf of clients.
• Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
• Provide strategic counsel to senior executives and client contacts on a regular basis.
• New business development and industry relationship building.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field; minimum five to seven years experience.
• Individual with esports or gaming experience preferred.
• Strong media relationships with reporters in business and tech, and bonus points for esports and gaming
• Exceptional communication, writing, editing, and organizational skills.
• Deep understanding of media landscape and story-telling.
• Team player and effective collaborator.
• Can work in a fast-paced environment, switching back and forth on industries and clients frequently.
• Self-starter and self-confident, but also enjoys having fun.