Forensic Accounting Consultant
The Forensic Accounting and Financial Advisory Services division of J.S. Held is an industry leading team of experts specialized in fraud examinations, measuring economic damages, business valuation, and other types of forensic accounting engagements. Serving both the private and public sector, we measure damages in the context of insurance claims, commercial litigation, criminal litigation and other dispute resolution forums.
As a Forensic Accounting Consultant at J.S. Held, you will assist in gathering and analyzing case records and information, suggesting areas warranting further investigation, and building recommendations with your team. You will be responsible for developing deliverables, including schedules, reports and demonstrative exhibits. All members must adhere to strict professional standards and confidentiality practices.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
Candidates must be resourceful, critical thinkers, and take initiative. They must be detailed-oriented and organized team players who function well in executing independent responsibilities. An ability to prioritize and managing competing deadlines within established time and budget restrictions is a must. A fundamental understanding of management accounting and cost accounting is recommended.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Accounting from an accredited university/college.
- Three to five years’ experience in public accounting or consulting.
- Accounting, finance and economics knowledge.
- Forensic accounting and/or litigation support experience a plus.
- Strong academic background.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to travel and must be authorized to work in the United States.