Our office is seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Director Level Construction Consultant with a strong focus on delivering exceptional service and superior work product to clientele. You will be responsible for the inspection, estimating, support, and delivery of multiple projects across various disciplines within the insurance and construction industries. J.S. Held is focused on learning and development and is continually looking to attract and retain top talent who are creative, self-motivated, and organized. We will only consider candidates with experience in construction, including estimating, budgeting, property loss, and disaster recovery.
- Interface with clients and project representatives
- Perform field inspections and necessary site visits
- Prepare damage assessments and preliminary budgets
- Evaluate restoration measures and develop scope of repairs
- Prepare estimates using RS Means, Xactimate 28, On-Screen Takeoff, and Microsoft Excel
- Serve as liaison between clients and various contractors, vendors, restoration companies, etc.
- Maintain required file work, quality standards, project documentation, and deliverables
- Communicate with executive management to ensure deadlines and cost targets are met
Ideal Candidates Exhibit The Following Attributes And Background
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Additional skill sets or knowledge in service lines such as Roofing, Exteriors, Construction Defects or MEP would be a bonus
- 10-15 years relevant work experience, specifically within fields of construction, restoration or insurance property claims
- Ability to travel locally
- Industry related degrees, credentials, or certifications
- Previous experience using RS Means, Xactimate, On-Screen Takeoff, or Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to travel overnight and out-of-state
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities
- Producers with a client base are strongly encouraged to apply but not required.
THERE IS NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE AND ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR RESUME CLEARLY STATES WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED
Travel is required as necessary.
JS Held offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) with a strong and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) match. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.