J.S. Held is actively seeking an entry level Consultant for the Construction Advisory Team, specializing in Claims and Dispute Resolution in the Pittsburgh, PA area. This position is for a professional who has knowledge or experience with contract and/or change order management, critical path scheduling analysis, preparation of change orders or claims, cost estimates, review of drawings and specifications. This person will report to the Assistant Vice President of Claims and Dispute Resolution in the Pittsburgh office.
- Schedule Analysis
- Loss of Productivity/Efficiency Analysis
- Scope Change Assessment
- Calculation of increased material and/or labor costs
- Extended General Conditions Analysis
- Cost Estimating
- Lost Profit Analysis
- Drawing Review
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Microsoft Office - Advanced skills preferred
- Bluebeam or other PDF management software
- Scheduling software - Microsoft Projects/Primavera Products
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or an Engineering discipline such as Structural, Civil, Electrical, MEP etc.
- 1-3 years experience with engineering or construction firms, or a construction claim/dispute firm
- Communication: Effectively communicates at all organizational levels, both in writing and orally. Maintains confidentiality of clients and the firm.
- Project Focus: Sees things through to completion, deals effectively with potential obstacles and exhibits the flexibility to adapt to whatever a situation calls for. Work is completed within designated timeframes. Takes proper action when time frames cannot be met to assure the work of others is not compromised. Uses non-billable time effectively.
- Professionalism: Has a positive attitude, displays a sense of pride, enthusiasm, optimism and deep dedication for work with both clients and colleagues. Is a self- motivator, willing to take on new challenges. Takes responsibility for increasing his/her own skills.
- Teamwork: Works well within a team of other professionals;
- Quality of Work: Has strong work ethic, taking care to produce accurate work. Has mechanisms in place to check work and ensure the quality of work being produced is accurate and timely.