Full-service interior design support company located in Norcross seeks to hire an experienced professional to join their organization as a Director of Interior Design/Senior Designer. The Director will be tasked with leading the company in securing and building direct relationships with owners and developers. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone that owns a similar business and wanting to operate their own company without the hassles of running a business and handling the related financial and management responsibilities.
Qualified candidate will have previous experience managing a team of designers as well as experience working directly with Architects, Owners, Investors, and/or Builders on new and existing construction. Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Senior Designer working with a diverse clientele and possessing project management experience coupled with a strong multi-family housing design background required. Experience with medical/healthcare, commercial and/or hospitality design projects considered a real plus. This fast-paced role managing multiple projects and teams requires excellent leadership and strong organizational skills. You must be creative and an innovative leader with a strong work ethic and commitment to teamwork. Also possessing ability to provide interior design solutions for any scope of the project including space planning, design, drawings, color and material selections while also managing all phases of design from schematic to installation. Strong space planning skills for new construction and renovation projects are needed. Additionally, you'll need to prepare design boards and or CD's and other deliverables for your clients.
What we're looking for...
- 4-year degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a multi-family Interior Designer or Interior Architect required while experience in medical/healthcare or hospitality design field a plus with experience in client development and winning projects. NCIDQ and LEED-AP Certifications preferred.
- Ability to model a highly organized approach to the design process resulting in thoughtful and thorough deliverables that are on-time and on-budget.
- Ability to visualize the end results of proposed designs making sure they align with the client's vision.
- Excellent presentation, project management, and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong leadership qualities with ability to manage multiple priorities and workload volume while consistently achieving high standards and goals.
- Strong business acumen, listening and problem-solving skills and the ability to follow through on commitments.
- Strong research skills! Must have the ability to research, network and develop new business opportunities.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience estimating/pricing projects & collaborating with internal brand managers.
- Extensive construction knowledge, methodology and practical field experience.
- Ability to deliver unique and cutting-edge design within defined budgets and targets.
- Knowledge of very current products and design trends.
- Knowledge of current material costs, specifications and standards.
- Knowledge and experience in the operations of an interior design firm or studio
- Proficiency in the use of Revit, AutoCAD, 20/20, Adobe Suite, Sketch-Up and Microsoft Office.
- Some travel involved
Company offers a salary to $110,000 plus 1% override on "gross" studio sales depending on what you bring to the table. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), vacations, and holidays.
For immediate consideration please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS IS A PERMANENT DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY AND OUR FEES ARE ALWAYS ASSUMED BY THE HIRING COMPANY.
Keywords: design, designer, interior, studio, architect, multifamily, hospitality, commercial, medical, facilities, senior designer, construction, healthcare.