Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Posted: over a month ago
Our client is a leading farming company and is seeking a Quality assurance Supervisor.
- JOB OVERVIEW
The Quality Assurance Supervisor reports to the QA Manager and is responsible for ensuring timely and effective implementation of all Company's policies, procedures, and activities involved with the processing of our food products.
- ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain close working relationships with other department managers and supervisory personnel in order to meet and maintain product quality, identify, solve and prevent problems affecting product quality, maximize productivity, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Confirm all products shipped adhere to customer (call off and specification), USDA, FDA, Food Safety and Legal requirements.
- Supervise and direct quality assurance technicians/auditors who are responsible for enforcing Good Manufacturing Practices and other quality-related policies in order to meet product quality standards.
- Review production records and other related documents to verify compliance and record keeping for all mandated manufacturing processes, quality checks, testing, sampling and sanitation activities.
- Audit quality control of raw materials, packaging, components, labels, and finished products to ensure compliance with established specifications and regulatory standards.
- Follow up with implemented programs (GMPs, Good Hygiene Practices, HACCP, Allergen Control, Cleaning and Sanitation, Pest Control, Equipment Calibration, etc.) to ensure compliance by all employees and other personnel in the manufacturing facility.
- Assist in the coordination of testing results involving finished products, raw materials, and packaging components and the appropriate rele4ase and hold programs associated with these materials.
- Oversee the “On Hold” product program, including the status, release, and destruction of “Rejected” products.
- Assist in investigating and correcting quality-related issues (including customer complaints) through collaboration with other departments.
- Make proactive recommendations and offering/presenting solutions to the Quality Assurance Department Manager to improve quality and work efficiency.
- Participate in all regulatory, third party and customer audits and inspections, and corrective action response.
- Ensure good performance by quality assurance technicians/auditors by mentoring, training, setting expectations, providing accountability and performing evaluations.
- Maintain a fair and professional work environment that focuses on the business objectives, but also balances quality of work-life factors for employees.
- Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings.
- Perform other duties as directed by the QA Manager.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree of Science preferably in Food Science or related field (Biology, Microbiology, Food Microbiology, etc.)
- At least 5 years of work experience as quality assurance auditor/technician in food/nut industry and at least 1 year of supervisory capacity.
- A good knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety.
- Good understanding of quality testing within the food/nut industry to include analytical, microbiological and sensory evaluation. Must possess a basic understanding of chemical and microbiological analysis and basic math.
- Ability to work under pressure (in an extremely fast paced environment), meet deadlines and make effective decisions.
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications).
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to details.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate ideas (verbally and in writing), be a self-starter and handle difficult reporting situations.
- Preferred: HACCP Certification and Allergen Control training.
- Skills in Speaking English and Spanish preferred.
Compensation is based on experience.
TechnologyView all jobs at JRG Partners