Process Controls Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PROCESS CONTROLS ENGINEER
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS A PROCESS CONTROLS ENGINEER:
- Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the systems and process being examined
- Evaluates internal control systems and recommends improvements in controls, PLC programing, process instrumentation
- This role will focus on the following aspects of those areas: electrical, controls system, software, and instrument support to all aspects of the project and day to day operation.
- able to work with little to no supervision, and will apply scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, statistical methods, and ingenuity to complete assignments and other task
- support new product introductions, new process/equipment start-ups, validation, process optimizations, vendor qualifications, and process alternative evaluations.
- Implement new and/or current manufacturing methods into manufacturing.
- Monitor production to determine areas of improvement and react to unforeseen production/manufacturing issues.
- Provide technical training to plant personnel including engineering, operators, electricians, instrument technicians, and maintenance.
- Create and execute validation activities according to plant/division policy.
- Work with engineering and maintenance to implement and adhere to plant engineering and programming standards for equipment modifications and upgrades.
- Provide knowledge and support on: Powder processing equipment, powder pasteurization, clean in place systems
PROJECT MANAGEMENT – Plan and conduct small projects within the processing area and supporting areas as needed.
- Responsibilities include gathering data to aid in detailed planning/monitoring of equipment performance prior to and after project implementation, perform project reviews within Maintenance/Engineering teams, implementation, validation, and release to production.
- You will work with Strategic/Division Project Engineers on larger projects to ensure technical aspects of the project are handled within the plants vision and strategy, meeting high standards of the project aspects from performance and throughput, equipment reliability, and standardization.
DESIGN ENGINEERING - Complete process-related controls engineering activities incorporating best available technologies.
- Create equipment/process specifications and drawings as required and ensure that existing documentation is accurate and appropriate.
- Research, recommend, implement, and qualify replacement parts for discontinued/obsolete components, equipment, and software.
- Make recommendations and develop action plans that drive operational efficiency.
- Cost Reduction/Productivity Improvement - Identify and implement cost reduction and productivity improvement projects within plant.
- Areas of focus include process improvements, new manufacturing processes, and new technologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years' experience in process engineering / process controls
- Analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Experience working with and implementing Continuous Improvement tools & methodologies.
- Process troubleshooting, control system troubleshooting
- Work experience in the food/chemical/powder processing industry in a facility under FDA/EPA
- Controls upgrade experience.
- Allen Bradley Controls Hardware and communication protocol
- Allen Bradley Factory Talk View SE
- PLC hardware
- Experience with platforms and communication protocols such as: Ignition, modbus, Devicenet, control net, HART, Delta-V, Ethernet IP, VMware, etc
- Practical experience with controls systems, PLC programming, HMI development, pump control, process instrumentation, variable speed drives, PID tuning, valve control, and other electrical devices.
ManufacturingView all jobs at JRG Partners