We are a Miami, Florida company that applies disruptive technology to the manufacture of composite tubing. We are leaders in the marine, construction and aerospace industries and seeks to re-define how engineers design products utilizing composite tubing with dramatically reduced costs.
Summary: The Plant Manager is responsible for day to day production, management of inventory, processes and people. The Plant Manager will have comprehensive knowledge of engineering/ manufacturing processes and practices, to be able to troubleshoot problems, analyze solutions and implement improvements.
• Manage the day to day production operation, schedules, process flows and engineering specs.
• Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees.
• Provide continuous on-the job training to new and current employees
• Provide employee coaching and development; provide leadership for crew members
• Work in conjunction with staff to help develop new products
• Assist in resolving technical challenges in the manufacturing process.
• Perform root cause analysis and successful implementation of corrective action.
• Assist on improvements to distribute goods and services.
• Work with outside suppliers and designers to source ideas and components
• Collaborate with production planning and management control systems
• Review product specifications, production schedules and process flows
• Perform test of equipment and compile reports of performance.
• Estimate production costs and detail bill of materials
• Develop required documentation for production (models, detail drawings, diagrams, etc.)
• Support new product prototype development and testing
• Maintain a safe work environment for all our employees by ensuring all employees follow safety policies.
Education /Experience/ Abilities:
Bachelor's degree (BS) in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering. 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing Environment handling cycles and processes in a supervisor or manager capacity. CAD & FEA software proficiency and ability to evaluate effects of product design changes. CNC Programming experience a plus (Hass CNC Centers, CamWorks). Experience in reading/creating engineering drawings, specifications, processes and design manuals. Prefer knowledge/experience in thermoset composites materials. Prefer experience with any Solid Works 3D modeling, Autodesk Fusion 360, Rhino, Shop Drawings and developing complex 3D assemblies.
Strong analytical, mechanical and troubleshooting skills. Good organizational skills, self-starter. Ability to communicate clearly at all levels of the organization and across multiple departments. Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred. Comfortable as an individual contributor with little to no supervisor while still able to work well within a team environment.