Scientist II - Biologist
JRAD Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JRAD has an opening for a Scientist II - Biologist located in the Washington DC
- Analyzes environmental or air samples for acutely hazardous Biological and Chemical contamination
- Operates and maintains biological laboratory equipment (e.g., Electrochemiluminescence (ECL), Capillary Electrophoresis, and Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) instruments) and performs basic maintenance and checks on common laboratory hardware/software systems and infrastructure
- Operates automated liquid handling system (Biomek)
- Uses Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for management of laboratory analytical data
- Participates in laboratory proficiency testing activities as part of a strict Quality Management System (QMS) and maintains QAQC records to include performance charts, control limits, and detection and reporting limits for analytical methods governing use of laboratory instruments
- Meticulously adheres to laboratory procedures, data management practices and safety protocols in accordance with Laboratory Quality Assurance Plans and safety policies/regulations
- Supports formal audits of laboratory quality control systems and practices, the inspection of safety practices and the review of Job Hazard Analyses
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies
- Must be capable of working a flexible schedule, including starting early in the morning, working extended work days, and potential weekends and holidays on occasion, when necessary to support the mission.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in scientific discipline (biology, biochemistry, or similar) from accredited college or university
- Must have more than 3 year of specific experience in sample preparations and quantitative analysis of environmental samples by methods such as PCR, ELISA, and capillary electrophoresis for hazardous bacteria, viruses and toxins
- Must have demonstrated analytical laboratory skills as evidenced by participation in a Proficiency Test such as a Precision and Accuracy performance test or equivalent
- Must have experience with quality management standards (e.g., ISO 17025 or similar), biological sample preparation methods, techniques, regulations, protocols, safety
- Secret security clearance required
When you work for JRAD you will never be just a number. We put people before profits!
JRAD is committed to the health and well-being of its employees. We offer more paid time off than the average company upon hire and the following benefits are available to all full-time employees:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
• Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts for unreimbursed medical & dependent day care
• Disability Insurance
• 401K Plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
JRAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
ScienceView all jobs at JRAD