Job Title: Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Company: JR Enterprise, LLC
Location: Jacksonville, FL Army National Guard
Status: 6 Month Contract – Full Time
JR Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are currently looking for a Strength and Conditioning Specialist to join our team in support of the Optimizing Human Weapon System mission at the Jacksonville FL. Air National Guard. The chosen candidate will be part of a three man team consisting of a Physical Therapist, Athletic Trainer, and Strength and Conditioning Specialist to help reduce the frequency and severity of injuries and services time lost, improve long term quality of life, optimize human performance and readiness, and help increase aircrew productivity of the fighter pilots working at the FL ANG.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work directly with the wellness team to provide conditioning through a comprehensive, coordinated, multidisciplinary “pre-habilitative” physical training program with focused strength and conditioning, performance nutrition, and physical therapy.
- Provide subject matter expertise concerning pre-habilitation evaluation/assessment, injury prevention, accommodation processes and implementation, ergonomic assessment and implementation, remedial training, and optimized performance physical training
- Primary Injury Pre-habilitation: Work with the wellness team to evaluate and provide pre-habilitation of all affected aircrew who request the services of the OHWS Specialist.
- Provide each aircrew an initial appointment as soon as practical and/or when referred for OHWS services. Follow up appointments will be based on need and pre-habilitative plans.
- Provide an evaluation and assessment to the Flight Medicine Clinic after initial appointment.
- Conduct fitness examinations on all members within the program
- Provide training information to the Physical therapist so that they may communicate with the unit’s flight surgeon for concerns for any significant musculoskeletal issues.
- Track the status of all aircrew who are currently being followed in the OHWS program.
- Work congruently with the wellness team to provide a monthly report due no later than the final business day of each month, provide a status report which will include an aggregate number of (1) new aircrew (in the program less than one week), (2) aircrew established in the program (whose progress is on track), and (3) aircrew who are not making expected progress.
- Analyze all aircrew members for the potential of worsening any existing injury. These factors will be considered in all coordinated care plans, and when identified, will be communicated to unit medical staff in writing, or via E-Mail NLT the close of business of the same day of the determination.
- Provide all forms of “primary” injury (acute and/or duty-limiting) prevention services; to include but not limited to: physical capacity as well as new member assessments, personnel health education, nutrition advising.
· The Strength and Conditioning Specialist must possess a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in an accredited exercise science, health science, or physical education-related discipline.
· Shall possess and maintain current certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
· Demonstrated sustained experience working with elite athlete populations is highly desired.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience required
· Creditable specialized experience includes: developing long and short- range planning and coordination of sport/mission specific performance programs resulting in attributable results with elite athletes (e.g., Division I collegiate, Olympic, professional level athletes or SOF- specific tactical professionals
· Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Duty Hours will be standard 07:30 to 4:30 but may fluctuate due to flying schedules.