Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Company: JR Enterprise, LLC
Location: Joint Base Lewis Mcchord Tacoma, WA
Status: Contract – Full Time
JR Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are looking for qualified Medical Laboratory Technicians to assist us in providing services to the military members and the families supported at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Perform a full range of clinical laboratory tests in any one or a combination of the following sections of the laboratory: hematology, chemistry, cytology, histotechnology, urinalysis, serology, microbiology, phlebotomy or transfusion and blood bank as outlined in the TO.
· Determine the suitability of specimens for analysis. Prepare specimens for analysis and ensure that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained.
· Prepare reagents and primary reference materials as necessary. Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments. Verify correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks.
· Recognize and react to indicators of malfunction. Locate and implement corrections. Obtain analytical data, convert to a prescribed unit of reporting, as necessary, and correlate data to verify results.
· Prepare specimens for transport to MTF laboratory or for mail out
· Required to work in shipping, hematology, chemistry, microbiology, transfusion service and phlebotomy.
· Certificate; Must have completed an approved college based laboratory technician certification program and passed the certification test by an approved organization such as the National Certification Agency (NCA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP). Must be currently certified as a medical laboratory technician.
· (BLS) through an American Heart Association approved training program
· One year of experience as specified in the TO
· Current certification/registration as determined by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT
First Shift 0700-1530
Second Shift 1500-2330
Third Shift 2300-0730
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Yamir Medina at (443) 758-1846.