Job Title: Acupuncturist
Company: JR Enterprise, LLC
Location: Washington DC VA Healthcare System
Status: Contract – Part Time
JR Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are currently looking for an acupuncturist to join our team in supporting the military member and their families who are supported at VA Medical Center in Washington DC.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- The Acupuncturist will work as part of the Whole Health Program.
- Acupuncturist will provide acupuncture services in both group and individual format to Veterans and staff within the Whole Health clinic, during special events, and wellness programming elsewhere in the medical center.
- Acupuncturist will screen Veterans and staff prior to all appointments to ensure they do not present with chronic or acute medical conditions that make them inappropriate to receive acupuncture.
- Acupuncturist must create a safe environment of healing and restoration for Veterans and staff.
- Acupuncturist will be able to commit to provide acupuncture services for a total of 18 hours a week for the contract.
- Acupuncturist must be able to provide acupuncture during the window of Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on a reoccurring weekly basis with schedule flexibility that ensures delivery of services to meet patient/program needs.
- The Acupuncturist shall provide tailored group auricular acupuncture to Veterans seen in the Whole Health Program, unless specified otherwise by the Whole Health Program Director or designee.
- The Acupuncturist shall also provide individual acupuncture to Veterans seen in the Whole Health Program.
- Acupuncturist shall complete clinical notes in the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Computerized Patient Record System
- Acupuncturist shall attend scheduled Whole Health team meetings once every month, as well as any meetings deemed necessary
· Must have an active state license in acupuncture (L.Ac.) with a master’s degree in acupuncture (M.Ac.) from an ACAOM-accredited institution and Diplomat Board Certification from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
· Must have a current and active BLS
· Acupuncturist must provide documentation of a passing score on the Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine’s Clean Needle Technique course.
· Acupuncturist must have at least five (5) years of documented experience providing acupuncture.
· Acupuncturist must be comfortable with independently treating Veterans in an outpatient group and individual setting.
· Acupuncturist must have experience providing acupuncture for individuals with complex medical conditions as documented by their CV.
· Acupuncturist experience providing acupuncture for military and/or veteran population is preferred but not required.
- Duty Hours will be between 08:30am and 04:30pm