Which Character From “The Office” Are You? (include your answer in your cover letter or resume!)
Position Summary: The Commercial Assistant Property Manager (APM) will exercise professional decorum and responsibility to build and maintain relationships with the tenants. The APM will have full responsibility of managing daily operations. The APM will also be providing personal assistance to the Property Owners, as needed. This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to advance to Property Manager (PM).
Our commercial portfolio consisting of office buildings, retail, industrial and creative office spaces. Mixed-use...coming soon!
This position will report to the CFO.
What You'll Do
· Represent and communicate clearly and accurately, in person, over the phone, and in writing the authority of the APM based on legal agreements in effect.
· Provide exceptional customer service to all tenants, by managing all tenant requests via email, phone, and the online tenant work order system.
· Ensure that tenant services are provided according to all lease documents.
· Proactive collection of monthly tenant rental payments, and promptly take action of any delinquencies.
· Assist with lease renewals, extensions, and expansions, and resolve issues with existing tenants.
· Show vacant spaces to prospective tenants.
· Responsible for all day to day operating activities of the property, inclusive of active vendor management.
· Ensure Certificates of Insurance (COI) are current.
· Process Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) and ensure timely receipt of the tenant’s rental obligations.
· Review all capital expenditure needs and present to Management.
· Perform monthly property inspections and take necessary corrective actions.
· Analyze all service contracts for cost-effective alternatives, as needed.
· Oversee all vendors and contractors’ performances.
· Monitor and maintain Vendor and Tenant files.
· Administration of all service contracts and contract abstracts for the property, soliciting bids, evaluating proposals, and preparing Bid Comparison reports.
· Participating in budgeting cycles and CAM reconciliation processes.
· Preparing monthly cash requirement reports, accrual reports, stacking plans, variance reports, rental updates and executive summaries for the Management’s review.
· Maintain all annual tracking spreadsheets: Tenant Emergency Contacts, Vendor Contracts, Contract Tracking, Property Snap Shot, and any other implemented tracking tool required.
· Be on call 24/7 in the event of an emergency.
· Perform other miscellaneous duties, such as Vendor and Tenant Letters as assigned.
· Clerical/administrative procedures and systems such as scanning and record keeping.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, real estate, or finance
· Minimum 2+ years of related and relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and a continually heavy workload.
· Ability to express ideas clearly in written and verbal communications
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
· Able to work nights and weekends, as needed.