JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
The J.P. Morgan Compliance Department is seeking an compliance professional to join the Volcker Compliance team providing advice in Volcker Regulations and coverage for global trading and funds businesses and their business-aligned Compliance teams. The Volcker Compliance team is a Firmwide team responsible for supporting all businesses by developing, implementing and enforcing programs to comply with the Volcker Rule.
The candidate will:
- Provide real-time advice to business management and staff on regulatory and compliance issues involving Volcker Rule requirements;
- Monitor regulatory developments and participate in industry groups;
- Develop, implement and enforce programs applicable to funds to comply with the Volcker Rule ;
- Review, draft and implement compliance policies and procedures, as necessary;
- Conduct compliance training;
- Assist in responding to regulatory inquiries and interactions with the joint Volcker agencies;
- Coordinate globally with Legal and Compliance colleagues and members of other control groups (including Operations, Finance, Risk and Audit) on preventing and detecting Volcker Rule violations and promoting a culture of compliance;
- Perform monitoring of compliance with applicable Volcker policies and procedures; and
- Assist in Volcker Compliance firmwide programs such as RCSA, CRA, and CEO Attestation.
- 3+ years legal practice or compliance experience in the trading, funds and pooled vehicles area
- Strong analytical skills and judgment
- Ability to interpret complex statutes and regulations and produce clear, practical guidance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity and/or experience with the Volcker Rule.
- knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940 and Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Related experience (e.g.,derivatives regulation, securities regulation, SEC and CFTC rules) preferred
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment