Functional Consultant - D365 F&SC Finance
- Posted: 25 days ago
JourneyTEAM is looking for a hungry, humble, and smart Dynamics365 Finance Functional Consultant to work directly with our Enterprise ERP team by participating in client implementations of D365 F&SC. If you are ready for growth, love technology and have a passion for helping people and businesses, we would love to hear from you!
JourneyTEAM is a company with a culture of accountability, growth, and integrity. Founded in 1993, JourneyTEAM has grown from a small software development shop into an award-winning business technology consulting firm. We are a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and serve the technology needs of large public and private organizations, including many of the world’s best-known brands. JourneyTEAM provides consulting and implementation services specifically for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain, Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics Business Central, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, Dynamics GP, Microsoft’s Enterprise Mobility and Security Suite, SharePoint, Okta, and more. Our purpose as a company is to help others effectively use technology to create a positive, lasting impact on the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance Functional Consultant provides focused functional and technical expertise during all phases of client engagement. Specific focus on D365 F&SC financial processes as they relate to implementation and operation of D365 Finance and Supply Chain for client projects and operations.
Manages processes to ensure application configuration models, business process models, project and deployment templates, testing scenario templates, and core reference or training material, are all available for client related work. The Consultant addresses processes that span multiple work groups within a client organization. Has the ability to work with high-level overviews all the way through detailed transactional tasks and steps. Executes tasks with an understanding of how the processes, application systems, tools, and users contribute to business objectives and project goals.
- Manage assignments that are of a dynamic nature; assigned projects and tasks will require broad industry and technical knowledge of D365 F&SC, specifically Finance functionality, as well as exceptional organizational, communication, prioritization, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Ensure solutions leverage industry best practices, meet JourneyTEAM standards, and are designed for performance, reliability, scalability, security, maintainability, supportability, business continuity, and business agility.
- Expert in answering feature and functional questions, completing in-depth application research for customers, and performing translations (both verbally and in writing) between technical and business groups for system usage, requirements, and gaps.
- Be aware of future trends and directions in the D365 F&SC Finance capabilities.
- The ability to map D365 to Business Intelligence (BI) solutions for finance processes and reports.
- Follow project plans and deadlines as outlined by Project Management/clients.
- Escalate issues/blockers as they arise and provide necessary documentation when required.
- Ability to travel when required, up to 50%.
- Experience analyzing technology solutions and presenting recommendations without personal bias.
- Ensure successful project engagement and execution for areas of responsibilities.
- Provide technical expertise for JourneyTEAM team members when required.
- Ensure requirements are clearly defined and technical solutions meet the needs of clients.
- Ensure design, release, and support documentation is created; examples would be Functional Requirements, Functional Designs, Gap documentation.
- Serves as a support resource to other JourneyTEAM practices as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field or equivalent experience.
- CPA or other financial certifications.
- Background expertise in ERP Financials including system configuration; 5 years Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain experience.
- Expert knowledge of financial accounting and familiar with financial systems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications (documentation) with an emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions.
- Have a professional understanding of Microsoft Office tools; working knowledge of data analytical tools and SQL experience is a plus.
- Have a broad understanding of technical solution components, such as Windows operating systems, networks, application server, data base server, remote access tools, and file delivery solutions within Information technology.
- Understand fundamentals of project management and execution.
- You embrace and live the JourneyTEAM Values below:
- We believe business is honorable and we do business honorably
- We are driven and think like business owners
- We respect work/life balance
- We clearly communicate through listening to understand and fearlessly sharing feedback
- We have a growth mindset
- We are accountable, owning our mistakes and keeping our commitments
Things that will be helpful, but aren’t required:
- Understand data integrations in the context of an ERP.
- Be familiar with third party services for the Fintech industry, such as sales tax or electronic invoicing services.
- Exposure to Investment Banking or Project Accounting.
- Read and review “The Ideal Team Player” by Patrick Lencioni
- Shadow other Functional Consultants to learn implementation process and tasks required throughout our projects
- Be assigned to a project and support tasks to begin hands on learning of the system
- Fully involved in project and support efforts and be a contributing member of project teams and long-term client support
- Participate in the JourneyTEAM Soft skills course taught to all consultants to learn the “JourneyTEAM way”
- Achieve a 80% customer engagement rate by beginning of six-month period
- Continue to achieve a 80% customer engagement rate
- Be certified as an D365 Finance Functional Consultant Associate
- Depending on interest, begin to learn and apply technical solutions to issues that may include writing reports, performing integrations, utilizing Power BI, etc.
Compensation: $95,000-145,000 DOE + performance based structure
JourneyTEAM offers a wide range of excellent benefits including healthcare and dental options, as well as a 401k with a ~4% employer match with funds that vest immediately. We enjoy unlimited time off and our employees average 3.5 to 4 weeks off a year. We also provide a monthly phone stipend of $25 as well as a gym membership monthly reimbursement of up to $200. We enjoy a culture of collaboration and creative responsibility to solve problems with autonomy.
Professional office and remote working environments available. JourneyTEAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?