Senior Software Engineer
JONES NETWORKING Baltimore, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $110,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Position Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: Baltimore, MD (This position can be fully remote as well)
Senior Software Developer Position Summary:
Our client is seeking a very technical, talented Senior Software Developer (.NET) responsible for the creation, implementation, maintenance, performance, production support and documentation of various departmental and enterprise-wide application systems. This includes but is not limited to the installation, modification, and testing of new and/or upgraded applications (packages or home grown), operating systems, file structures, hardware, communication devices, and productivity tools. Applies analysis techniques and procedures to gather and then translate business requirements into functional/technical specifications and designs. Using functional specifications and designs, produces all or part of the deliverables. Maintains databases and application system code.
Responsible for full life-cycle of large/long-term highly complex projects. Typically manages multiple projects of varying complexities. Based on expert technical knowledge, skills and experience, develops broad-based solutions involving multifaceted technologies, and business processes. Leads overall strategy, design & architecture for solutions.
Senior Software Developer (.NET) Responsibilities:
- Working in an Agile team environment to develop a large .Net web application that processes data from a SQL Server back-end system.
- Creating Entity Framework APIs, LINQ to SQL and SQL Stored Procedures.
- Creating scalable code using C#.Net using Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server for code documentation
- Development work will span both back-end and front-end development, varied based on the features being developed
- Define highly complex business/clinical/education problems by meeting with clients to observe and understand current processes and the issues related to those processes. Provide written documentation of findings to share with the client and other IT colleagues.
- Develop detailed tasks and project plans by analyzing project scope and milestones for highly complex projects in order to ensure product is delivered in a timely fashion according to software lifecycle standards. Direct lower level staff by reviewing tasks and milestones for adherence to quality of deliverables.
- Document code and associated processes by adhering to development methodologies, adding code comments and appropriate documentation to various knowledge-base system(s) to simplify code maintenance and to improve support. Direct lower level staff by reviewing their work.
- Develop/change data input, files/database structures, data transformation, algorithms, and data output by using appropriate computer language/tools to provide technical solutions for highly complex application development tasks. Direct lower level staff by reviewing their work.
Senior Software Developer (.NET) Required skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Additional experience may be substituted for education.
- Five years of related work experience with computer systems and applications.
- Knowledge in the assigned application as well as the platform on which it runs.
- Experience with student information systems, CRM or university administrative systems is highly desirable.
- Experience with implementing and customizing/extending a vendor-provided solution.
- Experience with Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, or other web technologies is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of, and demonstrable experience;
- OS/Infrastructure: Windows, Unix, Docker
- SQL: MS SQL (including T-SQL, views, stored procedures, user defined functions, etc.)
- Cloud integration : AWS or Azure
- Source Control: SVN, Git and Gitflow
Senior Software Developer Compensation: 110000 to 120000
JONES NETWORKINGWhy Work Here?
Excellent opportunity with a great company!
Jones Networking staffing professionals are industry-leading recruiting experts aimed at helping talented candidates make the right career decisions. Our recruiters combine decades of knowledge with local industry connections to identify career opportunities that are right for you. Whether you are looking to supplement your income or take the next step in your career, Jones Networking would like to partner with you!