Mass Tort Litigation Paralegal
Greensboro, North Carolina
Jones Networking is recruiting for a Mass Tort Litigation Paralegal to join a prestigious Law Firm in Greensboro, NC. This is an important role in a fast-paced, high volume environment that is responsible for managing the day-to-day casework in the Mass Torts department by providing assistance to the Attorney(s). The Firm offers a competitive salary, health insurance, 401k plan, generous PTO and wellness programs.
Position Summary for the Mass Tort Litigation Paralegal:
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day casework of the assigned personal injury litigation cases.
- Assist Attorney (s) with client cases and legal issues, including mediations, arbitrations, trials, motions, oral and written advocacy. May assist with conducting research and other details in preparation for trials or hearings.
- Prepare legal and court documents; schedule appropriate meetings and case events; interface with the client on non-legal issues relating to the management of the case; refer legal issues to the appropriate attorney(s).
- Conduct case preparation for multidistrict litigation; submit appropriate information and legal forms/documents to the appropriate organization related to specific mass torts litigation; understand forms and procedures relating to mass torts litigation.
- Obtain pertinent case information and data from the client; analyzes, reviews and prepares the data/information into case relevant notes.
- Upon case settlement, follows case management orders as directed by the applicable court system.
Qualifications Summary for the Mass Tort Litigation Paralegal:
- A minimum of 2 years prior federal litigation and/or mass torts litigation with experience including filings for multi-district and state litigation.
- High School Diploma required.
- Ability to work as a team player and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written & oral communications, customer service, organization & computer skills.
- Ability to handle tasks quickly and tactfully with all staff levels and the public.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Some travel required at times.
Salary and Benefits Summary for the Mass Tort Litigation Paralegal:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and Dental insurance
- 401k plan
- Short-Term disability
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability
- Employer paid AD&D insurance
- Paid company holidays
- Paid time-off program
- Employer paid Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program