- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
• Working Location: Norfolk, USA
• Security Clearance: NATO Secret
• Language: High proficiency level in English language
Data science, data analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) are increasingly gaining momentum in NATO touching all military and political domains and functional areas. In response to HQ SACT’s understanding of the disruptive potential of data science and AI, and recognizing the strategic value of data, the Data Science & Artificial Intelligence section, established in 2020 in the Federated Interoperability Branch, is focusing on data science and AI as cross-cutting and enabling capabilities for HQ SACT and the NATO Enterprise. The section provides a broad spectrum from strategy and policy development and support to technical delivery and implementation to HQ SACT and the NATO Enterprise. In addition to serving as the centre of gravity for HQ SACT’s efforts in advancing data centricity and integrating rapidly changing technology related to data exploitation, the section has developed a substantial reputation inside NATO and is regularly invited to offer policy and technical expertise.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• A Master’s degree or higher at a nationally recognised/certified university in Data Science, Data Analytics, AI engineering, or a related discipline such as Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Software Engineering OR four years minimum professional experience in the area of Data Science, including providing analysis and advice in the field of data science, within the last five years
• Proven work experience as a Data Scientist, ML Engineer or a similar role in the last four years
• Proficient in Machine Learning/AI, statistical and mathematical analysis
• Experience in modern software architecture and software development related to data science, analytics and data integration, e.g. Python, SQL, R, KNMIE
• Experience with machine learning and AI frameworks, using e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, or other modern machine learning frameworks
• Experience with planning, executing and maintaining Data Science pipelines
• Experience visualizing data and producing high quality graphs and reports, charts and interactive dashboards using tools such as Tableau, MS Power BI, and Kibana
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Experience in providing training in various areas related to data science, analytics, and AI at different technical levels
• Portfolio of demonstrable products available via GitLab, or other platforms
• Ability to work in a cloud environment, in particular Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services
• Working experience in an international environment with both military and civilian elements
• Experience working within a Big Data ecosystem, with tools such as Databricks, Spark etc.
• Experience working with open source and publicly available data
• Experienced ‘data storyteller’
• Experience working on a military staff
• Knowledge of NATO organization and its functions
• Experience in project management
• Contribute to the development and implementation of an enabling data science and AI capability at HQ SACT and for the NATO Enterprise
• Identify, contribute to and implement ML/AI initiatives across HQ SACT and the NATO Enterprise with suggestions for ML approaches and implementation, including the processing of training data and performance assessment of machine learning techniques on datasets
• Apply existing data science techniques to new problems and datasets using specialised programming techniques to meet needs ofthe project and customer
• Evaluate the outcomes and performance of data science models. Identify and implement opportunities to train and improve models and the data they use
• Publish reports on machine learning model outputs to meet customer needs and conforming to agreed standards
• Has in-depth knowledge of NLP, ML engineering, or computer vision
• Support review of data science and AI activities, processes, products or services
• Work in conjunction with other data professionals, software engineers and SMEs from different functional areas
• Support development and maintenance of data pipelines for structured and unstructured data
• Provide subject matter expertise to (military and civilian) staff within HQ SACT or the NATO Enterprise and develop proofs of concept, as directed
• Support internal and external communities that bring together DS & AI practitioners and consumers
• Support development of scientific studies
• Support educational efforts and training development related to data, AI or digital literacy
• Remain up-to-date with new developments in data science and AI to bring innovative ideas into implementation
• Support building a data-driven culture that uses analytics to generate insights, improve decision making at all levels, inform strategy and policy decisions, and improve performance
• Perform additional tasks as required by the COTR related to the LABOR category
Get fresh NATO Security Clearance jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.