The Heavy Equipment Operator operates a front-end loader to load over the road trucks with aggregate from stockpiles using safety best methods and according to company policies. GPS tools may be used. The Heavy Equipment Operator will be part of a team working together toward completion of projects and tasks.
- Perform all operations using safety best methods, other operating best methods, and in compliance with JMAC Resources' safety policies and practices
- Operate a front end loader.
- Complete assigned projects and tasks according to instructions from supervisor
- Work together as a team to complete tasks and projects
- Communicate job progress and questions/issues to supervisor and co-workers on a timely basis
- Perform daily maintenance requirements on equipment
- Promptly report all equipment issues to supervisor
- Interact with customers, landowners, the general public, and co-workers courteously and respectfully
- Utilize safety restraints and personal protective equipment (PPE)
Job Specific Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of experience in operating a front end loader
- Possess working knowledge and skill regarding the operation of various pieces of earthmoving equipment
- Demonstrated understanding of safety and operating best methods for construction heavy equipment and civil construction projects
- Ability to successfully pass CAT Heavy Equipment Operator training via computer based training method. The types of types of heavy equipment to be trained will be specified by the JMAC Resources hiring supervisor
- Previous experience with Komatsu WA-500 and WA-470, and CAT 980,966, & 972.
- Must be familiar with Loadrite scale system
- Physical ability lift and carry 50 pounds
- Physical ability to access and operate heavy equipment and to safely function in/around a construction worksite and kneel crouch, bend, and reach with hands/arms
- Demonstrated commitment to safety as expressed in JMAC Energy Services corporate value People First, Safety Always
- Valid US issued driver's license with a good driving record
- Ability to pass background and drug and alcohol tests
- Availability to work long hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to work safely in all types of weather
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all JMAC Energy Services employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively, in English, to customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a group or team environment
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro