Seeking Accounts Payable Clerk / Accounts Receivable Clerk. This role will work directly with an accomplished and experienced AP team to support the weekly processing of a high volume of complex invoices. Must have attention to detail, accuracy and ability to work efficiently to contribute to the team's success..
Open to a recent Accounting graduate or an experienced Accounting Clerk / AP Clerk. This role will be a direct-hire within a very stable company, offering competitive and attractive compensation and benefits upon conversion to permanent employment. Very good hours.
The Accounting Coordinator carries out responsibilities related to accounts receivable, credit and collection, and performs accounts payable activities. The Accounting Coordinator will also provide information, direction and/or referral when addressing inquiries, and perform a variety of both complex and routine administrative services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare new account documentation for management approval, and maintain customer master files.
- Receive and reconcile daily payments (checks and/or wire transfers). Apply payments into the Friedman/AS400 and in-house system.
- Process and apply all credit memos to customer accounts and maintain accounts receivable aging records.
- Interact with customers and sales team to ensure customer payments are remitted on time and within established terms.
- Investigate and resolve all customer deduction activity and collect unauthorized deductions.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding account status and payments received.
- Review credit sales orders to determine if credit hold can be released. Advise management regarding customer payment issues.
- Review accounts periodically to recommend credit limit changes if appropriate.
- Prepare Accounts Receivable Aging Report on a monthly or as-needed basis.
- Audit and prepare check requests for vendor invoices.
- Perform matching, batching and coding of invoices.
- Enter inventory and non-inventory vendor invoices into the AP system.
- Void and re-issue checks as needed.
- Review and code expense reports for adherence to reimbursement policy.
- Distribute checks to vendors and employees.
- Participate in quarterly and annual inventory audit with Production team.