Senior Facilities Manager / Director of Facilities
Location: Candidates must be located in one of the following States - IL
The Senior Facility Manager has responsibility and accountability for all aspects of facility operations in accordance with acceptable standards and safety and compliance requirements, including operations and maintenance, financial management, and support of dynamic business needs with a strong customer service and relationship management focus. The Senior Facility Manager will lead a team of facility managers, engineers, technicians and service partners in the successful execution of a common vision for superior service delivery. The resource will oversee an integrated service offering that positively impacts how the workplace is experienced by our Client's employees and guests. Services may include, but are not limited to, reception / guest services, on-site fitness, foodservices, meeting & event planning, mail, print, facilities management, occupancy planning and other high touch employee services.
- Collaborate with Account Leadership and Client to develop goals, objectives and focus areas for Experience Services on the account
- Manage implementation of experience focused services
- Assist with development of programs, tools and processes while integrating the underlying services
- Provide impactful local leadership in a collaborative environment - coordinating staff, vendor, and landlord services
- Provide meaningful feedback to leadership and Real Estate executives regarding business space utilization and property condition
- Respond and manage emergency situations in a calm, professional and effective manner
- Prepare site & services for major events, internal and external visits create presentations, etc.
- Sources, monitors, and manages 3rd party, soft services suppliers, and their related spend.
- Proactively identifies and escalates risks and issues at the account level (audit findings, client complaints, material vendor service issues, information security, any impact to the Account KPI's)
- Engages in a culture of continuous improvement and innovation by leveraging business intelligence, adopting and participating in the development of best practices including new tools, process engineering and other ideas that provide service delivery efficiencies.
- Ensure a "ready for business" facility - Exceeding client expectations for supporting core business
- Oversee overall financial performance for your operations and facilities management team
- Manage financial budgets for building operations
- Drive cost savings initiatives and develop operational efficiencies that result in cost reductions
- Develop accurate budgets and manage financial commitments, based on established service levels and business requirements, with emphasis on minimizing expenses through efficient use of manpower and resources and provision of monthly variance explanations and re-forecasting of expenses.
- Develop and contribute to multi-year capital project plans
- Source local services and goods needed to perform day to day operations through 3rd party suppliers. This includes amending contracts, obtaining necessary vendor set up forms and reviewing certificate of insurance for compliance
- Support Environmental Health And Safety initiatives and local business emergency planning
Customer Relationship Management:
- Collaborate to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism and customer service orientation.
- Deliver Customer Relationship Management Program and contribute to continuous improvement process
- Facilitate customer's connection with site-related requirements including safety, security, space for individual work, conference rooms, office supplies and equipment, as well as technology systems and tools, catering, and additional local services as needed.
- Build relationships with employees and the business to enhance onsite customer experience
- Deliver timely communication regarding change management and business impacting events
- Anticipate and respond to needs and concerns of multiple internal clients.
- Perform additional job duties, as requested.
- Develop and implement a customer experience program
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years prior experience in Soft Services, Operations or Supply Chain Management and knowledge of commercial real estate and hospitality industry, is preferred.
- 10+ Years of facilities management / property management is required
- Superior people management skills; must be highly collaborative with strong interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills, effective communication skill with multiple levels of stakeholders at customer and client, decisive judgment, and the ability to build and foster positive relationships. Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated capability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; strong organizational and workload management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clear recommendations
- Aptitude to handle conflicts or challenging situations confidently and to resolve problems under pressure and be decisive.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver results in a fast paced heavily matrixed environment.
- Strong analytical/financial aptitude. Ability to gather data, assess situations and quickly develop solutions.
- Track record of initiative, integrity and good judgement.
- High level of business etiquette and social / situational awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and reporting and analytics software
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.