The FM is the manager on site and provides leadership and direction to a team of highly skilled technicians and managers in delivering Material Handling, Industrial Automation and Robotics services in a 24x7 logistics environment. This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured by the Key Performance Indicators. Additionally, the expected levels of service delivery must be achieved at the lowest possible cost, minimally within the prescribed budget for each facility. The Senior FM is part of a National Operations Team that provides services to the client across the United States, Mexico and Canada.
Reports to: SR Operations Manager - SMM
Supervises: FMs Managing Technicians, CMMS Admin, Controls Systems Specialists, MHE Technicians, Robotics Technicians
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sets overall vision and leadership for the operations team
- Establish and execute strategic direction for operations & maintenance team in alignment with client goals. Ensure all Client and JLL safety procedures are followed. Develop training programs to increase team technical capabilities.
- Travel 20%-30% to train alongside other senior leadership and collaborate with other site management as needed
- Coordinate the operational aspects of the properties in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the client's assets
- Inspect buildings’ physical plant routinely to guarantee that building services are at the highest level of quality standards. Monitor and review preventive maintenance programs.
- Utilize data to develop trends and insights that will drive continuous improvement in the site performance
- Manage third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties
- Team with Contract Manager to bid and contract for scheduled and operational maintenance and project services
- Transform existing operational practices to leverage JLL tools, processes, relationships, best practices to ensure service delivery is high efficient and effective.
- Maintain Site performance indicators
- Lead/assist in site incident investigation, utilize structure problem solving to identify root cause of failures
Client Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with Client General Manager and Operations team
- Primary interface with client representatives. Collaborate to determine client expectations. Ensures delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with JLL performance.
- Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery.
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
- Work with Sr. Regional Facility Manager and Operations Director to provide the strategy, vision and continuous improvement to drive the facility personnel to advance the quality of service delivery and further the client partnership.
- Foster a collaborative teamwork environment. Promote energy and enthusiasm. Maximize productivity. Motivate employees with recognition and career growth opportunities.
- Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard CMMS tools, processes and systems where possible. Ensure facility compliance with use of the new tools.
- Complete all performance reviews, both mid-year and year-end, on a timely basis. Ensure that individuals that do not achieve excellence or show significant performance problems are coached and put on improvement plans. Work with HR to ensure proper performance management steps are taken.
- Work with the Operations Director to source employee career growth and development opportunities within or outside of the account. Understand employee career growth aspirations to enable matching of firm needs with employee abilities.
- Develop and maintain operating budgets for all sites, meeting targets as defined in KPIs; Provide written variance analysis and forecast to client
- Meet facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving significant savings in year one and two of outsourced operations.
- Work with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost savings opportunities and support their contracting efforts.
- Work with finance and accounting professionals to produce on-time and accurate reports, including cost savings initiatives, variance analyses, etc.
- Develop property specific multi-year capital improvement project plans; Manage the process to complete the projects
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in business administration, engineering technology or related field preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years direct supervision of multi-building operations required.
- Experience in managing MHE, Controls and PIT operations
- Demonstrated experience in managing 24x7 operations in a fast past work environment
- Superior client relationship management skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation
- Basic understanding of commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods
- Familiarity with and understanding of building systems
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision
- Excellent prioritization and conflict resolution
- Proficient in MS Office, and possess strong written, verbal and people skills
Jones Lange LaSalle
Why Work Here?We have a strong partnership with Amazon.com. Our company manages Amazon facilities across the US, Canada, and Mexico.
Top Rated Company Industry leaders, growth opportunity!