We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. Our vision is to reimagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we will build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with annual revenue of $16.3 billion, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of over 90,000 as of December 31, 2018. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
JLL is currently seeking a dynamic individual for the role of Lead Building Operator to provide reliable, timely, efficient support to a brokerage team at our Edmonton location. The position entails working with a diverse group of internal and external Stakeholders at all levels of the organization, and the individual will require the independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment. This role provides a wide variety of support services to the brokerage team and the successful candidate will be detail oriented with strong organizational skills and a team player attitude.
- Supervises and directs maintenance staff and monitors performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program. Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Ensure that work performed in client space is accomplished with a minimum of disruption and is followed by adequate cleanup
- Perform maintenance, monitoring repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep facility and building systems up to applicable standards as assigned
- Record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment
- Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, calibrating and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials; maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Review monthly client service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems
- Evaluate vendors and suppliers on a regular basis with regard to quality and competitive pricing
- Prepare and submit purchase order requests
- Verify the accuracy of deliveries for count, pricing, and description
- Perform periodic checks of tool and instrument inventory
- Monitor the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors
- Lead event setup/teardown activities including electrical, audio visual, coordinating with security or other tasks as needed
- Perform additional job duties as requested
- Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent
- Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s (or within 90 days of employment)
- Ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel
- The individual in this role must be available for Call-in work and perform other duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, with two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC
What you can expect from us
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is an equal opportunity employer and committed to recruiting, developing and maintaining a diverse workforce in compliance with all applicable Human Rights legislation. The Company will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations up to the point of undue hardship, for disabilities made known to it by its employees and applicants.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact Careers.Canada@am.jll.com for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.