Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Trainee
- Posted: 20 days ago
- $20 to $25 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Upstate Chemical Production Plant located in Greenville South Carolina is looking to hire a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator. This position performs semi-skilled technical and unskilled manual work in the daily operation of the Wastewater Treatment Plant as required.
12 hour rotating shifts 7AM-7PM Days and 7PM-7AM Nights
Must be able to work 4 weeks on Day Shift and 4 Weeks on Night Shift (work 3 days one week and 4 days the next week)
Great Benefits Package!
Professional environment to establish a life-long career!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in monitoring and performing all daily plant operations (Trainee);
- Assists with inspection of equipment and processes to determine efficiency of operations, maintenance requirements, and cleanliness (Trainee);
- Assists with preventive maintenance on equipment; and/or assists with equipment repairs as needed (Trainee);
- Assists with monitoring and recording readings from meters, gauges and instruments (Trainee);
- Assists with starts up, shuts down, and assists with regulating and adjusting motors, pumps, compressors, grinders, blowers, valves and other apparatus to meet changing operating conditions (Trainee);
- Assists in adjusting chemical rates as indicated (Trainee);
- Assists with the collection and preparation of wastewater samples for laboratory analysis; assists with performing lab tests and preparation of laboratory reports (Trainee);
- Monitors and performs all daily plant operations;
- Inspects equipment and processes to determine efficiency of operations, maintenance requirements, and cleanliness;
- Assists in troubleshooting technical and mechanical problems;
- Performs limited preventive maintenance on equipment; performs and/or assists with equipment repairs as needed;
- Monitors and records readings from meters, gauges and instruments;
- Starts up, shuts down, regulates and adjusts motors, pumps, compressors, grinders, blowers, valves and other apparatus to meet changing operating conditions (all Operators except Trainees);
- Adjusts chemical rates as required (all Operators except Trainees);
- Collects and prepares wastewater samples for laboratory analysis; performs lab tests and prepares laboratory reports;
- Unloads chemical delivery trucks;
- Cleans and maintains assigned vehicles and equipment;
- Alerts supervisors to unusual operating problems;
- Assists in ensuring plant compliance with City/department policies and procedures, S.C. DHEC regulations, and all other applicable laws, regulations, and standards of quality and safety;
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED;
- No prior experience required for entry level trainee positions;
- Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License;
- Will be required to demonstrate competency and complete the necessary requirements in the Apprenticeship Program for Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators;
- Pay grade will be dependent upon certification, education, and work experience for applicants who possess Class “A, B, C or D” level of certification.
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?