Microsoft System Administrator - Mid
- Posted: over a month ago
JLAN Solutions has an immediate opening for a Microsoft System Administrator -at the MID level in support of our Department of Transportation client. Successful applicants will be integrated with Server, DB, and other teams and partner to deliver available and reliable infrastructure applications support for DOT’s application solutions.
This position is 100% remote, but candidate will need to be in the DC metro area to be available for occasional on site visits
In accordance with Federal guidance, all newly hired full-time and part-time employees of JLAN Solutions are required to be fully vaccinated by date of hire (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and associated facilities as safe and welcoming as possible.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Possess experience with one or more of the following: Apache tomcat, Webserver, Oracle application server, Oracle SOA suite, PHP, Python, IBM Infosphere, node.js, Microsoft .NET framework, Microsoft IIS, and Redhat JBOSS application platform
- Server administration as related to middleware applications
- Understand and apply Network skills (e.g., TCP/IP, port mapping, routing, DNS masking)
- Understanding of Oracle and SQL databases in physical and cloud environments as consumed and manipulated by middleware applications
- Ability to solution middleware problems while coordinating other subject-matter experts
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Windows Server infrastructure. Maintains and manages servers’ hardware and software.
- Performs imaging of servers utilizing common imaging tools
- Performs patching, hardening, and automated deployments.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and escalates complex issues to Senior Admins.
- Works primarily in a virtualized environment.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
IT Troubleshooting and Resolution
- U.S. citizen or green card holder, who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years,
- ability to obtain a public trust.
- Requires BA/BS with 5+ years of related experience providing business solutions engineering support, to include architectural design, engineering design, proof-of-concept development, pilots, analysis, results and documentation.
- Experience be used in lieu of a degree.
SALARY: Negotiable depending on level of experience and education. JLAN offers a full benefits package including vision, health, dental, life, and a 401k.
JLAN Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or physical impairment.
AddressFalls Church, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at JLAN Solutions