Infrastructure Cloud / Cloud Engineer - Senior
- Expired: August 17, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
JLAN Solutions has an immediate opening for a Cloud Engineer - Senior in support of our Department of Transportation client. Successful applicants will be responsible for Supporting strategic cloud initiatives, such as TIC 3.0, Zero Trust Architectures, and DevSecOps by providing architectural guidance and hands on implementation of approach
This position is 100% remote,
In accordance with Federal guidance, all newly hired full-time and part-time employees of JLAN Solutions are required to be fully vaccinated by date of hire (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and associated facilities as safe and welcoming as possible.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- technical expertise in relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services. May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System Op. Performance Analysis,Lifecycle Cost Analysis Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Provides daily supervision and direction to support staff, to include technical and administrative direction.
- Design and buildout of automation platforms utilizing Infrastructure as Code methodologies to provision
- Identifying opportunities for optimizing cloud consumption by the agency and providing strategic direction for addressing those opportunities
- Collaborating with external development teams to validate solution architecture within agency cloud environment
- Supporting migration of on-premise workloads to cloud following agency governance and reference architectures
- Reviewing and approving change requests for cloud-based workloads
- Identifying and communicating opportunities for improving agency security posture within cloud environments
- Providing leadership to junior engineers to increase understanding of agency cloud environments
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Strong understanding of cloud engineering methods, applications, and best practices across cloud service providers.
- Experience assessing, customizing, troubleshooting, optimizing, and maintaining current and emerging technologies, platforms, and applications to help ensure greater security and efficiencies.
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools and continuous delivery processes to deploy and manage cloud infrastructure for customers to consume
- Demonstrated proficiency in automating processes with GitHub, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, Packer, PowerShell, or Python, including use of remote APIs
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration systems and hardening practices.
- Experience implementing, managing, and supporting security products to protect workloads in Azure.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner and AWS Technical Essentials and/or Azure Fundamentals certifications or higher
- U.S. citizen or green card holder, who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years,
- ability to obtain a public trust.
Travel Required: NO
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of related experience managing cloud environments, possessing extensive skills and knowledge in cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- . Possess at least 1 Associate or Professional Level certification from a cloud provider.
SALARY: Negotiable depending on level of experience and education. JLAN offers a full benefits package including vision, health, dental, life, and a 401k.
JLAN Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or physical impairment.
AddressFalls Church, VA
Get fresh Cloud Solutions Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.