IT Support Specialist- Senior
- Posted: 3 days ago
JLAN Solutions has an immediate opening for a IT Support Specialist to support out client the Department of Transportation, DOT.
Performs day-to-day activities required to provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support to end users, to include, move/add/change of end user equipment, software install and upgrades, and general troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Location: Hybrid- Remote
- Imaging Dell laptops and desktops using the DOT standard image following the SOP.
- Submitting TSRs and SMRs for in-processing and out-processing MARAD employees.
- Receiving IT equipment “Laptops and iPhones” from MARAD users when they leave the department.
- Configuring and troubleshooting iPhones for MARAD users. Keeping the iPhone tracking sheet up to date.
- Moving IT equipment for employees between offices when requested.
- Replacing toners for small printers when requested and keeping the toner inventory tacking sheet up to date.
- Maintaining the MARAD storage room located on the west building, second floor.
- Creating FedEx shipping labels and shipping IT equipment to users and to the MARAD IT field offices when requested.
- Setting up meetings for the MARAD’s administrator and deputy administrator at the MARAD’s main conference room. Those are either MS teams or Zoom meetings.
- Installing MARAD specific software’s for MARAD users when requested and approved by Andrew and Bob. Software’s like AutoCAD for example.
- Participate in the department’s monthly server patching cycles. One Saturday and one Sunday each month. This will require gaining access to MARAD servers but the technician will only be pushing windows updates to those servers.
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to end users via email, phone, and remote desktop software Bomgar.
Top 3 Qualifications, Skills, Experience or Certifications:
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Dell Certifications
- IT and Networking Certifications
Experience: Must have a minimum of 7 years of related experience providing IT Hardware and Software Deployment, Troubleshooting, and Problem Resolution support to end users.
SALARY: Negotiable depending on experience and education level. JLAN offers a full benefits package with vision, health, dental as well as a 401k match and life insurance
JLAN Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or physical impairme
AddressFalls Church, VA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?