IT Support Specialist - Senior
- Posted: over a month ago
JLAN Solutions has an immediate opening for a IT Support Specialist -at the senior level in support of our Department of Transportation client. Successful applicants will Imaging Dell laptops and desktops.
In accordance with Federal guidance, all newly hired full-time and part-time employees of JLAN Solutions are required to be fully vaccinated by date of hire (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and associated facilities as safe and welcoming as possible.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs day-to-day activities required to provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support to end users, to include, move/add/change of end user equipment, software install and upgrades, and general troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Imaging Dell laptops and desktops using the DOT standard image following the SOP.
- Submitting TSRs and SMRs for in-processing and out-processing MARAD employees.
- Receiving IT equipment “Laptops and iPhones” from MARAD users when they leave the department.
- Configuring and troubleshooting iPhones for MARAD users. Keeping the iPhone tracking sheet up to date.
- Moving IT equipment for employees between offices when requested.
- Replacing toners for small printers when requested and keeping the toner inventory tacking sheet up to date.
- Maintaining the MARAD storage room located on the west building, second floor.
- Creating FedEx shipping labels and shipping IT equipment to users and to the MARAD IT field offices when requested.
- Setting up meetings for the MARAD’s administrator and deputy administrator at the MARAD’s main conference room. Those are either MS teams or Zoom meetings.
- Installing MARAD specific software’s for MARAD users when requested and approved by Andrew and Bob. Software’s like AutoCAD for example.
- Participate in the department’s monthly server patching cycles. One Saturday and one Sunday each month. This will require gaining access to MARAD servers but the technician will only be pushing windows updates to those servers.
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to end users via email, phone, and remote desktop software Bomgar.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
1. Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
2. Dell Certifications
3. IT and Networking Certifications
- U.S. citizen or green card holder, who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years,
- ability to obtain a public trust.
Travel Required: NO
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of related experience providing IT Hardware and Software Deployment, Troubleshooting, and Problem Resolution support to end users.
SALARY: Negotiable depending on level of experience and education. JLAN offers a full benefits package including vision, health, dental, life, and a 401k.
JLAN Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or physical impairment.
AddressFalls Church, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at JLAN Solutions