Cloud Engineer - Mid
- Posted: over a month ago
JLAN Solutions has an immediate opening for a Cloud Engineer - Mid in support of our Department of Transportation client. Successful applicants will be responsible for Designing and building out automation platforms utilizing Infrastructure as Code methodologies to provision using tools such as GitHub, Ansible, Packer, PowerShell, or Python
This position is 100% remote,
In accordance with Federal guidance, all newly hired full-time and part-time employees of JLAN Solutions are required to be fully vaccinated by date of hire (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and associated facilities as safe and welcoming as possible.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs day-to-day activities required to manage cloud services, utilizing a broad set of tools to manage and administrate cloud infrasructure including resolving Incident and Problem tickets.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
- Collaborating with external development teams to understand cloud workload solution architecture within agency Azure environment
- Creating/updating cloud environment configurations to establish/support application workloads
- Supporting and completing requests for operational support to include communicating level of effort and status to cloud leadership team
- Supporting data calls for resources provisioned within the cloud environment and reporting out status of resources.
- 4 years experience deploying/configuring application workloads within Microsoft Azure Commercial Cloud
- Demonstrated understanding of principals supporting compute, network, and storage
- Demonstrated understanding of principals supporting application workloads within the Azure Cloud
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Strong understanding of cloud engineering methods, applications, and best practices across cloud service providers.
- Experience assessing, customizing, troubleshooting, optimizing, and maintaining current and emerging technologies, platforms, and applications to help ensure greater security and efficiencies.
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools and continuous delivery processes to deploy and manage cloud infrastructure for customers to consume
- Demonstrated proficiency in automating processes with GitHub, Ansible, Packer, PowerShell, or Python, including use of remote APIs
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration systems and hardening practices.
- Experience implementing, managing, and supporting security products to protect workloads in Azure.
- Azure Fundamentals certifications
U.S. citizen or green card holder, who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years,
ability to obtain a public trust.
Travel Required: NO
Must have a minimum of 3 years of related experience designing, planning and integrating cloud computing systems, possessing advanced cloud computing skills and knowledge.
Possess a Foundational level certification from a Cloud Provider
SALARY: Negotiable depending on level of experience and education. JLAN offers a full benefits package including vision, health, dental, life, and a 401k.
JLAN Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or physical impairment.
TechnologyView all jobs at JLAN Solutions