The Human Resources Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs in the following functional areas: employment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, performance evaluations, HRIS, training and safety.
This position will be located on a construction job site working side by side next contractors.
Human Resources Information Systems:
- Coordinates the implementation of the HRIS System in SLC with the corporate office
- Fully utilizes Human Resources software to the company's advantage.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Minimum of three years of progressive leadership experience in HR positions.
· Experience with Employee Relations issues preferred.
· B.S. or B.A. in human resources, Business or Organizational Development or equivalent.
· Professional in Human Resources certification (PHR or SHRM) preferred, but not required.
· Specialized knowledge and training in employment law, and their application in the work environment.
· Demonstrated ability to handle both administrative and professional level responsibilities.
· Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential information and situations.
· Demonstrated ability to deal with all types of individuals in all types of settings and under various circumstances.
· Demonstrates outstanding oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, committed to functioning as a team member, pride in performance, able to work well under extreme pressure
· Has working knowledge of Microsoft Office-Windows – Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook
- Coordinating with the Director of HR, conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the company’s progressive discipline system. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- Documents and monitors all such issues.
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the EEO, the ADA, the FMLA and ERISA, Department of labor, worker compensation, OSHA, and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
State Electrical License/Apprenticeship Program:
- Prepares experience verification letter to get state electrician license. Also include verification for all apprentices.
- Registers all non-licensed electricians and apprentices.
- Ensures registration card is completed and copies made for file.
- Works with Accounting to obtain check for State and to deduct registration amount from paychecks.
- Prepares number of hours worked to as needed to apply for Journeyman license.
- Assists with the Apprentice program and registering for schooling through CITC.
- Enters monthly apprentice hours. Monitors apprentice hours and classification changes to correspond with pay increases.
- Assists with benefit packets
- Provides new hires with benefits packets
- Prepares benefit status termination letter for HR Director signature
Employment and Recruitment:
- Monitors and coordinates all job openings with the corporate office
- Assists in setting up interviews
- Monitors new hire orientation
- Monitors new hire check list – ensure that all forms are completed, all documents received. Follow-up as necessary.
- Conducts termination check list and Exit interviews
Affirmative Action Plan:
- Tracks new hires, terminations, promotions per month through our recruiting database
- Maintains applicant log for each open position
- Prepares Veterans Report and EEO-1 report
- Assists with preparation of the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Distributes performance evaluations to notify and follow-up with department manager, employee, and others related to employee’s performance review.
- Consolidates performance reviews into master document.
- Tracks performance evaluations
- Logs all training and certification in training database.
- Tracks attendance at supervisory training programs
- Prepares documentation of training completed for employees’ files.
- Assists in preparing training materials, hand-outs, etc.
· Monitors the completion of OSHA 300 and 301 reports, accident records, safety training log, general administrative support to the Safety Director
· HR Administrative Assistant