Seeking a Cost Accountant to join a growing company within the Las Vegas area. The Cost Accountant will play an integral role working with the executive team and working with multiple departments with the company. The Cost Accountant should possess strong general accounting, cost accounting and financial analysis skills. Experience working within a construction or property development industry would be a considered an asset for the role. Along with knowledge of construction and contract administration, Accounts payable and receivable payment cycle, vendor receipts and invoices, materials and work in progress would be ideal. Sage 300 experience is required along with a bachelor’s in Accounting and Finance or equivalent working knowledge. This is a growth opportunity.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assist in the timely and accurate preparation of department financial reports; quarterly and annual financial statements. These reports must follow US GAAP standards.
· Responsible for preparing and reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure financial data is accurate and complete.
· Assist in establishing and maintaining standard operating procedures (including internal controls) for accounting operations.
· Prepare accounting memos, as directed, which may include summarizing third party contracts to ensure accounting practices and fees/rebates/penalties to be collected from third parties are in accordance with the terms of the contracts, Charge Orders and Scope of Work
· Review and prepare analyses of revenue and expense accounts to ensure revenues are collected or paid per underlying contracts and expense reimbursements are in accordance with underlying agreements.
· Prepare and review all required journal entries.
· Assisting in the process of creating annual budgets, proformas and analysis of budgetary Cost codes in Sage 300 and QuickBooks
· Assist in the budgeting process by preparing analyses needed to determine the amounts to be billed to third parties for such services such as Common Area Maintenance (CAM), utilities, rent, accounting services, warehousing/storage, etc.
· Prepare monthly analyses of cost costs and G&A related statements
· Attend monthly P&L review meetings, provide input regarding financial matters, and assist the CFO to identify issues early and assess their financial impact, if any.
· Work with management during the opening and closing of projects and contracts to ensure proper accounting of opening and closing costs, including write-off of any related assets.
· Assist the company financial team in coordinating the financial monthly/yearly close process and ensure closing deadlines are met.
· Familiar with Contracts and Construction Administration
· Other duties as assigned.
· At least five years of specific accounting experience in, finance-based management experience with emphasis on financial reporting, general ledger operations, accounting functions with-in Sage 300 software.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field with working knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Polished appearance and demeanor.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in English.
· Excellent Team building skills and able to work collaboratively to create interdepartmental standards and policies.
· At least 21 years of age.
Knowledge of Timberline, QuickBooks, Crystal Reports, MS Office Suite, or other similar software experience. Construction Project Management software a plus
Construction, Contract Administration, Construction Lien Waives and Insurance Protocols, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Monthly Financial Statement, Annual Budgets, and proformas
Previous experience in a formal corporate structure.